Sacramento Kings Trade Thomas Robinson to Rockets, Confirm They Have No Earthly Idea How to Run a Basketball Team
Thomas Robinson is lucky – he just got traded from one of the worst-run, most dysfunctional franchises in the NBA (Sacramento), to the Houston Rockets, a playoff team.
The NBA trade deadline is less than 24 hours away, and the Kings and Rockets have made the first deal – Sacramento is shipping Robinson, the No. 5 pick in the 2012 draft to Houston in exchange for spare parts. Woj has all the details:
Patrick Patterson, Toney Douglas and Cole Aldrich to the Kings, and Marcus Morris to the Phoenix Suns as part of the trade.
The Kings give up Robinson, the power forward out of Kansas, Francisco Garcia and Tyler Honeycutt, sources said. The Suns give up a second-round pick in the transaction.
Robinson has struggled through his first 51 NBA games, but are you really surprised? Playing with a backcourt of gunners and problem-child DeMarcus Cousins, the former Kansas star has averaged just 15 minutes per game, 4.8 ppg and 4.7 rpg on 42 percent shooting. He got off to a terrible start when he elbowed a Piston in the throat and was suspended. I’d read nothing into what’s happened so far this season.
The Rockets, of course, are plotting something. Is Daryl Morey collecting pieces to make a run at Dwight Howard? We discussed that possibility last summer. I still think Atlanta is in play, as well.
The Kings? Who the hell knows what they’re up to. I won’t even venture a guess. And frankly, who cares? This organization has been a train wreck for years. It’s going to take some time to rebuild this awful roster, people of Seattle.
The Suns basically gave up nothing to reunite the Morris twins.
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- orly57 on John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
103 Responses to “Sacramento Kings Trade Thomas Robinson to Rockets, Confirm They Have No Earthly Idea How to Run a Basketball Team”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.