The troubles with the replacement referees continue to mount. In a recent interview, Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean McCoy recounted two mildly disturbing tales about replacement referees this season. From CBS Philly:
“During the game, they made like a bad call or something, the ref, and I see Ray Lewis like pump his chest up, trying to scare him,” LeSean McCoy told 94WIP’s Anthony Gargano and Ike Reese on the 94WIP Player’s Lounge on Monday. “Don’t you know [the ref] started stuttering? I’m like ‘what’s this?!’”
In the referee’s defense, it’s Ray Lewis. He (allegedly!) killed a guy! Still, he should stand up for himself and walk away. Now for another tale of possible partiality.
“They’re like fans, kind of though,” McCoy said. “I’ll be honest, they’re like fans. One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team, like ‘McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy,’ ahhh, what?!”
I have LeSean on my fantasy team too. And so do a lot of NFL players. Still, professionalism and whatnot. Its clear that the replacement referees are not conducting themselves in a manner that players or coaches can or will respect. That is a problem.
[CBS Phillya via @JilaneRodgers]
- 5 Major Leaguers Who Did It Their Own Way & Who Is Most Like Them in Today’s Game
- Neymar Executed An Epic Flop and Pantomime Combo Against Mexico [GIF]
- Neymar Scored Another Volley in the Confederations Cup, This Time vs. Mexico [Video]
- What Happens When Terrell Owens Plays Flag Football
- MLB Offered $125,000 to Original Whistleblower in Biogenesis Scandal, and He Didn’t Take It
- orly57 on Miami and San Antonio Game 6 Thriller Generated a Monster 14.7 Overnight TV Rating
- Cowboy Boots on Marlon Williams, the Former Texas Tech LB & Real World Castmember, Has a Rap Video
- ButtersBC on Neymar Scored Another Volley in the Confederations Cup, This Time vs. Mexico [Video]
- jdeeser5 on Aaron Hernandez Was Sued Last Week For Shooting a Man after a Miami Strip Club Outing in February
- GloriousMullet on Aaron Hernandez Was Sued Last Week For Shooting a Man after a Miami Strip Club Outing in February
89 Responses to “LeSean McCoy: Replacement Referees Are Like Fans & One Said ‘I need you for my fantasy [team]‘”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.