Plenty of North Carolina football fans brushed off last week’s parking ticket fiasco as no big deal. But as is the case with most college football scandals these days, the parking tickets were probably just the beginning of something much larger and potentially damaging to the program. It’s only a matter of time before the media is able to dig up the dirt. And really, how many bullets can Butch Davis dodge? According to WRAL Sports:
Several license plate numbers provided on a list of former and current UNC football players’ parking tickets between March 2007 and August 2010 are linked to a car dealer currently serving time in a federal prison for money laundering. The list was among thousands of documents released Thursday as part of a public records request.
Now, we’re talking. The juicy/questionable/eyebrow-raising stuff seems to center around Greg Little, the freakishly talented receiver who was taken in the 2nd round by the Cleveland Browns in the April draft.
Between March 9 and April 29, 2009 Little’s Dodge was issued 16 parking violations under three separate license plates. The car was cited three days in a row from March 30 to April 2, and each time had a different plate. On April 13, the car was cited twice, with two different plate numbers.
Hmmm. Three license plates in three days? Two license plates in the same day? I’m sure the ticketing officer just messed up transcribing the numbers or some other clerical mistake transpired. However, I have a feeling the dogged media in the Triangle will focus their attention on a certain dealership/former owner:
Both of the 30-day tags trace back to 919 Imports in Durham, according to the DMV. That auto dealer has since closed and business owner, Shawn E. Brown, is serving a federal sentence for money laundering.
Here’s the press release that was put out by the FBI when Brown was implicated. Probably nothing to see here, move along.
- Tennnesse High School Soccer Team Wins State Title on 54-Yard Free Kick in Overtime [Video]
- Michael Jordan Turned the Ball Over Twice in a Row in a Crucial Playoff Game Loss – Just Like LeBron James! [Video]
- Tony Parker Denied Service at Memphis Restaurant (It Was Too Busy)
- LeBron James and Paul George Slapped Hands After Exchanging Spectacular Baskets to End the 3rd Quarter [Video]
- Paul George’s Vicious Dunk on Birdman Was Not Rated PG [Video]
- jdeeser5 on Michael Jordan Turned the Ball Over Twice in a Row in a Crucial Playoff Game Loss - Just Like LeBron James! [Video]
- Smallie Bigs on Tony Parker Denied Service at Memphis Restaurant (It Was Too Busy)
- Liquor on Michael Jordan Turned the Ball Over Twice in a Row in a Crucial Playoff Game Loss - Just Like LeBron James! [Video]
- captain_spalding on Michael Jordan Turned the Ball Over Twice in a Row in a Crucial Playoff Game Loss - Just Like LeBron James! [Video]
- Shining Base Path on Tony Parker Denied Service at Memphis Restaurant (It Was Too Busy)
14 Responses to “North Carolina Parking Ticket Scandal About to Blow Up?”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.