Marlins rookie Scott Cousins put Buster Posey on the shelf for the season after a violent – but clean – collision at home plate a couple weeks ago. This caused Giants’ GM Brian Sabean to lose his mind. The Giants released a statement about Sabean’s comments.
Brian Sabean’s comments yesterday were said out of frustration and out of true concern for Buster and were not meant to vilify Scott Cousins. Brian has been in contact with Florida Marlins General Manager Larry Beinfest to clarify his comments and to assure him that there is no ill-will toward the player.
“If I never hear from Cousins again or he never plays another game in the big leagues, I think we’ll all be happy.”
“He chose to be a hero in my mind, and if that’s his flash of fame, that’s as good as it’s going to get, pal. We’ll have a long memory. Believe me, we’ve talked to (former catcher Mike) Matheny about how this game works. You can’t be that out-and-out overly aggressive. I’ll put it as politically as I can state it: There’s no love lost and there shouldn’t be.”
See? Sabean was just trying to reach out to Cousins by basically threatening him!
Don’t think Sabean is the only a-hole in San Francisco. As Logan Morrison pointed out, Cousins is now worried about the safety of his friends and family in his hometown of San Francisco.
“Why would you wish anything like that on anybody?” Morrison continued. “He’s getting death threats from people. This is his hometown, San Francisco. He’s worried about his family and his friends that are there. And now (Sabean) is going to make comments like that? It’s ignorant, it’s inappropriate and he has no idea what the hell he’s talking about.”
Hopefully, when Joe Torre spoke with Sabean this week he told him to shut the Hell up. And maybe he reminded him of similar “dirty” plays, like San Francisco’s Pablo Sandoval running into Ryan Doumit.
[SI, Image via Getty]
- Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- Shane Battier Kneed Roy Hibbert in the Balls [Video]
- Chuck Norris Wants a NFL Team to Sign Tim Tebow Because He is a Winner Like Chuck Norris
- Young Rockies Fans Also Sport Giant Purple Mohawks
- Legends Football League Issues Statement About Coach Yelling, “I’m gonna punch you in the face” at Female Player
- Liquor on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- Shining Base Path on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- Shining Base Path on Former UFC Fighter Waylon Lowe Suing Philly Sex Shop After a Gel Left His Genitals Burned and Scarred
- A.P. on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- Some Random Old Dude on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
18 Responses to “Scott Cousins Has Recieved Death Threats”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.