John Ourand, the sports media reporter for Sports Business Journal, joins the podcast. We discussed:
- His recent feature on ESPN, which summarized the rights deals it has with all the leagues and why the network paid so much for them.
- The practical applications of ESPN’s management shakeup
- Fox Sports Digital overhaul
- What are the benchmarks of success for the upcoming FS1 morning show with Nick Wright and Cris Carter, and the ESPN Greeny show?
- Will the Cubs launch their own network? Is it possible they get together with the Blackhawks to cut Jerry Reinsdorf out of the package?