Robert Seidman, proprietor of Sports TV Ratings, and Patrick Crakes, an industry consultant who was a programming executive for FOX Sports, join the podcast again! We discussed:
– Is it a good idea for Katie Nolan’s new digital show to be on ESPN+?
– The bourgeoning sports OTT wars: ESPN+, DAZN, BR Live, and what happens if Amazon really gets serious.
– NHL’s current rights deal is $200 million per year with NBC. Could it triple or more when it comes up?
– What happens with the Fox Sports RSNs?
– Gambling is going to lead to a lot of new ad revenue across all sports media verticals but I wonder if gambling specific content will be oversaturated in comparison to how much the audience wants it. What do they think?
– What will NFL ratings do this year? Up, down, or flat?
Hope you enjoy!