Alexi Lalas, a studio analyst for Fox Sports and FS1’s soccer coverage, played for Padova in Italy, on the United States Men’s National Team for eight years, and for multiple MLS teams. The network’s Champions League coverage kicked off this past week, and FS1 will be broadcasting Timbers-Sounders on Sunday night at 9:30pm ET. We discussed:
- How did the Timbers and Sounders form the biggest rivalry in the MLS? What should we look out for in the matchup Sunday? Is MLS expansion right now a good or bad idea?
- With the influx of money coming into the EPL in its new TV deal, will Spanish clubs maintain their dominance in the Champions League?
- Why haven’t any of Hope Solo’s USWNT teammates disavowed her sore loser statement that Sweden played cowardly against them in the Olympics? Has her time on the team run its course?
- As a player, would he rather win the EPL or the Champions League, and how would those two compare to the World Cup?
- Fox received a lot of criticism when Lalas and some of his other colleagues picked the U.S. to beat Argentina in Copa America. Would he have done anything differently in retrospect?
Hope you enjoy!