Chad Millman, who is VP/Editorial Director of Domestic Digital Content for ESPN, joins the podcast this week. Millman was one of the drivers behind We the Fans, a multi-platform project chronicling a section of Chicago Bears season ticketholders.
The program — which debuts on Tuesday, April 11th on ESPN — will include eight TV episodes, written and photographic digital features, post-episode podcasts hosted by Sarah Spain, and more.
On the podcast, we discussed:
- The general scope of the series, and some of the archetypal characters it involves
- The planning process for the front page of ESPN.com
- Some of the stories from ESPN.com and ESPN the Magazine from over the years that Millman is most proud of
- Whether the NFL ever reached out to him about ESPN’s gambling vertical, Chalk.
- What Millman did in the brief interlude of his career, during the Internet boom, where he had left ESPN.
Hope you enjoy!