Jimmy Traina, the SI writer and podcaster, joins the podcast this week! We discussed:
- The story in sports media that no one is talking about: Dan Le Batard’s comments about Trump and ESPN from last week.
- Why are people so passionate when ESPN personalities discuss politics, but there is not the same vitriol about Fox Sports?
- Thoughts on The Athletic
- WWE vs. AEW, WWE’s tonnage, and the announcing.
- His journey from SI to Fox Sports back to SI
- The Mount Rushmore of ESPN, which needs a lot more than four standard spots.
Hope you enjoy!
PAST GLASS HALF EMPTY PODCASTS:
▶Adam Amin on Calling Nathan’s Hot Dog Contest, Juggling Insane Amount of Roles
▶ Chatting With Boog Sciambi
▶Prince and Cecil Fielder Talk Grilling, Baseball Memories, and Thoughts on Analytics
▶Eric Bischoff Discusses AEW, Formation of NWO, Silver King
▶Surveying the NBA Playoff and Free Agency Landscape With Rob Perez
▶Conrad Thompson Talks Starrcast, Podcast Industry, State of the Mortgage Business
▶Bill Pidto Discusses New MSG Show, Material Belonging He’d Trade for Zion, ESPN Heyday
▶Cassidy Hubbarth Talks Harden / CP3 Interview, Hoop Streams, Juggling Work and New Motherhood
▶Arash Markazi discussed losing 105 pounds in six months, leaving ESPN for LA Times
▶BJ Armstrong talks Derrick Rose doc, mid-90s trade demand, epic MJ gambling story
▶Jeff Passan on Ronald Ocuña’s team-friendly deal, and becoming an insider at ESPN
▶ Pat McAfee Discusses If He’d Ever Wrestle in WWE, Epic Peyton Manning Story, And More
▶ Chris Russo Talks Holdup With Harper and Machado, Sports Media Philosophy
▶ Basketball Talk With ESPN NBA Reporters Nick Friedell and Malika Andrews
▶ A Conversation With Michael Mulvihill, EVP Research, League Operations, and Strategy at FOX Sports
▶ Rob Stone Talks MLS Cup on FOX, USMNT Future, 8-Team Playoff
More on the next page!