Michael McCarthy of Front Office Sports joins to talk all things going on in sports media.
Listen: Below | Download: Here | Listen on iTunes: Here
- What impact Stephen A. Smith’s increased workload will have on his next contract negotiations (current deal runs through 2021).
- Will he be past his prime?
- If FS1 will aggressively go after him like they did Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd.
- Get Up one year later.
- If debate shows are a thing of the past.
- The Monday Night Football booth’s future.
- Chances Tony Romo leaves CBS. Fox? What happens with Troy Aikman.
- The current state of FS1.
- Will Stephen A. and Max Kellerman’s last on First Take?
- The NBA ratings.
- NFL rights deals. Turner next?
- Breakout sports media talents so far this year.
- Why Barstool is good for sports media.
- Michelle Beadle’s future.
- What is going on with Katie Nolan?
- Sports media stories we are tracking.
- Dan Patrick’s next move.
- And more!
Past episodes and conversations:
Chris Mannix On NBA Free Agency Rumors, Joshua-Ruiz, Sports Writing in 2019, & More
Chris Haynes on Kevin Durant’s Free Agency, Kawhi Leonard, Finals, Media Basketball Game
Game of Thrones Legacy, Reactions, Questions, Breakdown with Jason Martin
A Look into the Career and Life of Sage Steele
Inside the Trail-Blazing Career of Chiney Ogwumike of ESPN and WNBA
A Conversation with Michael Wilbon on the Future of PTI, His Career, the Business, and a Look Back
A Conversation with Adam Schein
Chris Russo Talks Holdup With Harper and Machado, Sports Media Philosophy
Game of Thrones Talk with Matthew Berry
Conversation with Erika Nardini, CEO of Barstool
Conversation with the Creators of Game of Zones
Conversation with Michael Buffer
Getting to Know Ashley Brewer
A Conversation with Canelo Alvarez on Moving to DAZN, Mayweather, Jacobs, GGG, & More
Field Yates on His Transition From Working for NFL Teams to the Media, Super Bowl, & More