The full audio of Ohio State President E. Gordon Gee’s misguided comments revealed an assertion that Barry Alvarez thought former coach Bret Bielema was “a thug.”
“Someone was saying to me, well, you know, Bret Bielema leaving … that was a blessing for Wisconsin and they knew it. Because he was under tremendous pressure. They didn’t like him. Barry Alvarez thought he was a thug. And he left just ahead of the sheriff.”
The bow-tie-wearing wannabe comedian tried to smooth things over last night with an e-mailed apology to Bielema. It looks like it was accepted.
It’s a start from Mr. Gee. Will take his apology and phone call soon. #1-0 twitter.com/BretBielema/st…
— Bret Bielema (@BretBielema) June 1, 2013
Be sure to stay tuned for more updates from Gee’s tour of contrition.
[Photo via USA Today Sports]
- 5 Major Leaguers Who Did It Their Own Way & Who Is Most Like Them in Today’s Game
- Neymar Executed An Epic Flop and Pantomime Combo Against Mexico [GIF]
- Neymar Scored Another Volley in the Confederations Cup, This Time vs. Mexico [Video]
- What Happens When Terrell Owens Plays Flag Football
- MLB Offered $125,000 to Original Whistleblower in Biogenesis Scandal, and He Didn’t Take It
- scripty on What is the NCAA Trying to Hide in the Todd McNair Case?
- arkbadger on What is the NCAA Trying to Hide in the Todd McNair Case?
- orly57 on Miami and San Antonio Game 6 Thriller Generated a Monster 14.7 Overnight TV Rating
- Cowboy Boots on Marlon Williams, the Former Texas Tech LB & Real World Castmember, Has a Rap Video
- ButtersBC on Neymar Scored Another Volley in the Confederations Cup, This Time vs. Mexico [Video]
One Response to “E. Gordon Gee Apologizes to Bret Bielema for “Thug” Comment”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.