James Madison’s Leading Scorer Rayshawn Goins Was Arrested Tonight, Three Days Before the Dukes Play in the NCAA Tournament [UPDATE]
Rayshawn Goins, JMU’s leading scorer and rebounder, was arrested tonight in Harrisonburg, Virginia on charges of obstruction of justice and disorderly conduct, the Daily News-Record is reporting.
Rockingham Co. Sheriff Bryan Hutchison said Goins’ charges are for obstruction of justice and disorderly conduct. Arrest made by HPD.
— Mark Selig (@MarkRSelig) March 18, 2013
Sheriff said that Goins has been “cooperative at this point” and expects that he will not be held in jail overnight for the misdemeanors. — Mark Selig (@MarkRSelig) March 18, 2013
Well, that’s just spectacular. Three days before the school’s first NCAA tournament game since 1994, and a senior leader is arrested. Great look for the school, too.
The Dukes play LIU Brooklyn Wednesday at 9 pm. The game is listed as a pick’em.
[UPDATE: JMU has announced that Goins has been suspended for the first half of Wednesday's game.]
- The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- CJ Spiller Breaks Down SpongeBob Characters While Eating a Foot Long Hot Dog [Video]
- Fan Runs on Field During Angels/Royals Game, Steals Rosin Bag, Trips Up Police Officer Chasing Him [Video]
- Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama’s Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell’s Graduation 20 Years Ago
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
6 Responses to “James Madison’s Leading Scorer Rayshawn Goins Was Arrested Tonight, Three Days Before the Dukes Play in the NCAA Tournament [UPDATE]”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.