On Wednesday night, ESPN’s Darren Rovell was taking sports-related tattoo submissions on Twitter. After being treated to several scorching abominations, it was clear a spirited celebration was in order. Below are the highlights.
A sleeve tattoo dedicated to the New York Mets featuring the always endearing Mr. Met, subway tracks, an airplane, and an ominously dark sky? While incredibly stupid, it certainly has the proper feel. Plenty of people loathe Boston sports, but few go to the trouble of permanently inscribing the hate onto their own flesh. The bonus here is of course incorporating the logos of this man’s favorites teams into the biting statement, along with the random basketball player jogging across his chest, though asking us to view the basketball as the “O” and completely disregard the Lakers “L” is beyond presumptuous. As you know, Baltimore has two bird-related teams. As you can see, those two birds have joined forces on this guy’s shoulder underneath an outrageously clever play on words. The Ravens and Oriole colors getting an equal share of the two is a heartwarming touch.
Ray Lewis screaming from what looks like either Helms Deep or the seventh circle of hell while a serious Ray Lewis head emerges from his stomach? Sign me up. The Giants tattoo isn’t all that shocking, but I find it fascninating that someone actually walked into a tattoo parlor and said something along the lines of, “give me the New York Giants logo and make it look like it’s cracking my arm.” And yeah, I like Kirk Gibson too, but buy a framed photo of the guy or treat yourself to a Starting Lineup doll. That’s your arm, dude.
Amid this unfortunate Eagles collage on some dude’s back is kicker David Akers. As the age old expression goes, if you have an NFL kicker tattooed onto your body, kick yourself into an unforgiving volcano. My favorite part though might be the phantom hand snapping the ball into his spine. Our last one ties in all the major Philadelphia franchises, with the Eagles appropriately serving as the centerpiece, the Flyers as the muscle, and the Sixers as simply a ball. The whole thing is incredibly tacky and completely over the top, the perfect summation of your typical Phlidelphia sports fan.
- Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- Ray Allen Forced Overtime By Hitting the 3-Pointer the Miami Heat Signed Him to Hit [Video]
- Mike Miller Hit a Huge 3-Pointer While Wearing Just One Shoe [Video]
- Jozy Altidore Scored Fourth Goal in Four Matches, Gave U.S. 1-0 Lead Against Honduras [Video]
- Tim Duncan Scores 25 in the First Half Against the Heat, Miami in Trouble
- Liquor on Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- orly57 on Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- Some Random Old Dude on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
- vajayjay redick on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
- resolutedefense on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
32 Responses to “Sports Fans and Tattoos, Where True Idiocy Reigns Supreme”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.