Brandon Paul hit a fadeaway 17-footer in front of two Minnesota defenders at the buzzer, and Gus Johnson freaked out just like you wanted him to. Illinois won, 51-49, and will advance to the Big Ten tournament quarterfinals against top-seeded Indiana. Minnesota goes home with their lofty RPI but an 8-10 mark in league play (8-11 if you count this loss). The next three days could be difficult to watch for the Gophers, depending on what else happens around the country. For instance, Minnesota will be rooting against fringe bubble teams like Maryland and Xavier, and rooting for chalk.
Minnesota’s last turnover, its 19th, came with :17 left following a timeout. How does that happen?
Related: Conference Tournament Brackets and Bubble Breakdown, Part II: Big XII, Big Ten, Atlantic Ten and ACC
Related: Here Are the Teams with the Highest RPI Ever to Miss the NCAA Tournament
Related: Rodney Williams of Minnesota Finished a Beautiful Alley-Oop Against Penn State [Video]
- Paul George Hit a Ridiculous 3 to Send it Into Overtime After Throwing the Ball Away Moments Earlier [Video]
- Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- Shane Battier Kneed Roy Hibbert in the Balls [Video]
- Chuck Norris Wants a NFL Team to Sign Tim Tebow Because He is a Winner Like Chuck Norris
- Young Rockies Fans Also Sport Giant Purple Mohawks
- A.P. on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- Liquor on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
114 Responses to “Brandon Paul’s Buzzer-Beater in the Big Ten Tournament Features a Screaming Gus Johnson”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.