Brandon Paul hit a fadeaway 17-footer in front of two Minnesota defenders at the buzzer, and Gus Johnson freaked out just like you wanted him to. Illinois won, 51-49, and will advance to the Big Ten tournament quarterfinals against top-seeded Indiana. Minnesota goes home with their lofty RPI but an 8-10 mark in league play (8-11 if you count this loss). The next three days could be difficult to watch for the Gophers, depending on what else happens around the country. For instance, Minnesota will be rooting against fringe bubble teams like Maryland and Xavier, and rooting for chalk.
Minnesota’s last turnover, its 19th, came with :17 left following a timeout. How does that happen?
Related: Conference Tournament Brackets and Bubble Breakdown, Part II: Big XII, Big Ten, Atlantic Ten and ACC
Related: Here Are the Teams with the Highest RPI Ever to Miss the NCAA Tournament
Related: Rodney Williams of Minnesota Finished a Beautiful Alley-Oop Against Penn State [Video]
- Everett Golson, Notre Dame QB, Reportedly Has Left the School [UPDATE]
- Gregg Popovich and His Two Word “Turnover” Interview [Video]
- Angel Pagan Hit a Walk-Off Inside-the-Park Home Run Today vs. the Rockies [Video]
- Rich Rodriguez’s 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- The Evolution of Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You’ll See This Week
- beardown on Rich Rodriguez's 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- resolutedefense on Everett Golson, Notre Dame QB, Reportedly Has Left the School [UPDATE]
- Chief on Gregg Popovich and His Two Word "Turnover" Interview [Video]
- Chief on Everett Golson, Notre Dame QB, Reportedly Has Left the School [UPDATE]
- The Wayne Fontes Safari on Everett Golson, Notre Dame QB, Reportedly Has Left the School [UPDATE]
114 Responses to “Brandon Paul’s Buzzer-Beater in the Big Ten Tournament Features a Screaming Gus Johnson”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.