Brandon Paul hit a fadeaway 17-footer in front of two Minnesota defenders at the buzzer, and Gus Johnson freaked out just like you wanted him to. Illinois won, 51-49, and will advance to the Big Ten tournament quarterfinals against top-seeded Indiana. Minnesota goes home with their lofty RPI but an 8-10 mark in league play (8-11 if you count this loss). The next three days could be difficult to watch for the Gophers, depending on what else happens around the country. For instance, Minnesota will be rooting against fringe bubble teams like Maryland and Xavier, and rooting for chalk.
Minnesota’s last turnover, its 19th, came with :17 left following a timeout. How does that happen?
Related: Conference Tournament Brackets and Bubble Breakdown, Part II: Big XII, Big Ten, Atlantic Ten and ACC
Related: Here Are the Teams with the Highest RPI Ever to Miss the NCAA Tournament
Related: Rodney Williams of Minnesota Finished a Beautiful Alley-Oop Against Penn State [Video]
- Mario Chalmers Chucked the Ball off Roy Hibbert’s Head [GIF]
- Fans Injured as Suspended Television Cable Snaps, Falls During Coca-Cola 600 [Video]
- Hulk Hogan Tweets Photo of Blister That Could Double As a Serviceable Flotation Device
- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie Now Has Questions About New Rutgers AD Julie Hermann’s Past
- Jay Heaps, Coach of New England Revolution, Answers Call From Reporter’s Mom During Press Conference [Video]
- The Wayne Fontes Safari on Indianapolis 500 Field's Secret Milk Preferences Revealed
- The Wayne Fontes Safari on Fans Injured as Suspended Television Cable Snaps, Falls During Coca-Cola 600 [Video]
- PAR5N2 on Will Smith Took a Historically Bad Penalty Kick [Video]
- Shining Base Path on Indianapolis 500 Field's Secret Milk Preferences Revealed
- Monster is Meth on Indianapolis 500 Field's Secret Milk Preferences Revealed
114 Responses to “Brandon Paul’s Buzzer-Beater in the Big Ten Tournament Features a Screaming Gus Johnson”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.