Brandon Paul hit a fadeaway 17-footer in front of two Minnesota defenders at the buzzer, and Gus Johnson freaked out just like you wanted him to. Illinois won, 51-49, and will advance to the Big Ten tournament quarterfinals against top-seeded Indiana. Minnesota goes home with their lofty RPI but an 8-10 mark in league play (8-11 if you count this loss). The next three days could be difficult to watch for the Gophers, depending on what else happens around the country. For instance, Minnesota will be rooting against fringe bubble teams like Maryland and Xavier, and rooting for chalk.
Minnesota’s last turnover, its 19th, came with :17 left following a timeout. How does that happen?
Related: Conference Tournament Brackets and Bubble Breakdown, Part II: Big XII, Big Ten, Atlantic Ten and ACC
Related: Here Are the Teams with the Highest RPI Ever to Miss the NCAA Tournament
Related: Rodney Williams of Minnesota Finished a Beautiful Alley-Oop Against Penn State [Video]
- Jeff Goodman Has Left CBS Sports for ESPN
- This Tim Duncan Divorce Story is Somewhat Bizarre
- John Tortorella On Brad Richards Situation: “Kiss my ass if you want to write something different” [Video]
- Brand Lacrosse Takes Center Stage
- Female Australian Football Fan Hurls Racial Insult in Player’s Face, Gets Ejected Immediately [Video]
- A.P. on John Tortorella On Brad Richards Situation: "Kiss my ass if you want to write something different" [Video]
- AllWhoYonder on This Tim Duncan Divorce Story is Somewhat Bizarre
- Nada on Jeff Goodman Has Left CBS Sports for ESPN
- A.P. on The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- Nada on John Tortorella On Brad Richards Situation: "Kiss my ass if you want to write something different" [Video]
114 Responses to “Brandon Paul’s Buzzer-Beater in the Big Ten Tournament Features a Screaming Gus Johnson”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.