Brandon Paul hit a fadeaway 17-footer in front of two Minnesota defenders at the buzzer, and Gus Johnson freaked out just like you wanted him to. Illinois won, 51-49, and will advance to the Big Ten tournament quarterfinals against top-seeded Indiana. Minnesota goes home with their lofty RPI but an 8-10 mark in league play (8-11 if you count this loss). The next three days could be difficult to watch for the Gophers, depending on what else happens around the country. For instance, Minnesota will be rooting against fringe bubble teams like Maryland and Xavier, and rooting for chalk.
Minnesota’s last turnover, its 19th, came with :17 left following a timeout. How does that happen?
Related: Conference Tournament Brackets and Bubble Breakdown, Part II: Big XII, Big Ten, Atlantic Ten and ACC
Related: Here Are the Teams with the Highest RPI Ever to Miss the NCAA Tournament
Related: Rodney Williams of Minnesota Finished a Beautiful Alley-Oop Against Penn State [Video]
- Rich Rodriguez’s 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- The Evolution of Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You’ll See This Week
- Champions League Final: Arjen Robben’s Late Goal Wins it for Bayern Munich [Video]
- Champions League Final: Neven Subotic Makes Terrific Sliding Stop to Thwart Sure Goal [Video]
- LeBron James and Michael Jordan Have Now Been Compared to God by NBA Players
- resolutedefense on LeBron James and Michael Jordan Have Now Been Compared to God by NBA Players
- vermincain on LeBron James and Michael Jordan Have Now Been Compared to God by NBA Players
- Monster is Meth on The Evolution of Chris 'Birdman' Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You'll See This Week
- Jason McIntyre on Champions League Final: Arjen Robben's Late Goal Wins it for Bayern Munich [Video]
- jekyll on The Evolution of Chris 'Birdman' Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You'll See This Week
114 Responses to “Brandon Paul’s Buzzer-Beater in the Big Ten Tournament Features a Screaming Gus Johnson”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.