Marc Rzepczynski, a relief pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals, will miss a few days following a freak eye injury sustained while golfing. Rzepczynski, who was scheduled to pitch Saturday, isn’t even sure what happened. From the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
On his second shot on the first hole of a round of golf, Rzepczynski attempted to punch shot around a tree. He made the shot and collapsed, his eye struck and bruised by something. The golf ball traveled far enough that he is unsure how it could ricochet off the tree and his eye and still carry into the fairway. He is unsure if something else was hit by the club and damaged his eye.
In addition to the golf ball, an acorn and a rock are considered suspects. Doctors do not expect any permanent damage and Rzepczynski should escape with just a black eye.
- Bradley Beal Seems to Have Lost a Little Respect for Derrick Rose Because He Didn’t Try and Play
- Justin Verlander Not Sharp Again, But Detroit Fans Don’t Need to Panic
- A Russell Wilson Song Set to an Old Dolly Parton Hit? Yes, It’s “Russie” [Video]
- J.J. Watt Visits Kid With Leukemia Who Uses a Robot Named “Watt” to Go To School
- Dez Bryant is Prepared For Your Insults On Twitter, Will Probably Make Fun of You
- resolutedefense on Bradley Beal Seems to Have Lost a Little Respect for Derrick Rose Because He Didn't Try and Play
- BlackDynamite on Bradley Beal Seems to Have Lost a Little Respect for Derrick Rose Because He Didn't Try and Play
One Response to “Cardinals Pitcher Marc Rzepczynski Hit in the Eye While Golfing”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.