Kentucky lost to lowly Georgia Thursday, 72-62, and Big Blue Nation is officially in panic mode. The Wildcats chances to reach the NCAA Tournament suddenly don’t look good. In fact, one could argue they need to reach the final of the SEC Tournament to have any shot at dancing.
Here’s their weak resume:
Record: 20-10, 11-6 in the SEC. They’re in a logjam for 2nd currently with a slew of other mediocre teams on the bubble – Missouri, Mississippi, and Alabama.
RPI before the Georgia loss: 53
SOS before the Georgia loss: 78
RPI Top 25 record: 0-3
RPI Top 26-50 record: 1-1 (beat Missouri at home two weeks ago)
Last 7 games: 3-4, all losses on the road
Kentucky will need a minor miracle to beat Florida at home Saturday, and then there’s the SEC tournament, which is actually wide open as long as you’re not in Florida’s half of the bracket.
It should be noted UK is 3-4 since Nerlens Noel went down against Florida in February. Fairly soon, the question is going to be, “so, who comes back next year to this team given how stacked the recruiting class is?”
- Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- Ray Allen Forced Overtime By Hitting the 3-Pointer the Miami Heat Signed Him to Hit [Video]
- Mike Miller Hit a Huge 3-Pointer While Wearing Just One Shoe [Video]
- Jozy Altidore Scored Fourth Goal in Four Matches, Gave U.S. 1-0 Lead Against Honduras [Video]
- Tim Duncan Scores 25 in the First Half Against the Heat, Miami in Trouble
- orly57 on Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- scripty on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
44 Responses to “Kentucky Lost to Georgia, and Probably Will Miss the NCAA Tournament a Year After Winning the Title”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.