Dan Sileo, a sports talk radio host and former Miami Hurricane, was fired by WQAM earlier this week. It was the second time a Florida radio station fired Sileo and it seemed like a remark about Erin Andrews may have been the final screw-up for Sileo. Turns out it was a half-assed joke about being Jewish that did it. The Anti-Defamation League wrote a letter to the station urging them to take disciplinary action against Sileo. From the Miami Herald:
This comment … is troubling as it perpetuates offensive and bigoted anti-Jewish stereotypes about money that have for centuries served to incite anti-Semitism and violence against the Jewish community,” the letter stated.
You can listen to the audio above, but here is the quote in its original form via Sports Rantz:
“Hey, one thing I’m very proud of, I saved every nickel I had. That must be the half-Hebrew in me. ‘Cause I saved it… That’s part of the old culture there, man, right? That’s why when that $2.06 on that airplane got taken from me, man, I’m still pissed off at that thing.”
Hope he still has those savings.
Previously: Dan Sileo Fired From Florida Sports Talk Radio a Year After Being Fired From Florida Sports Talk Radio
Previously: Dan Sileo Made An Erin Andrews Peephole Comment, WEEI’s John Dennis Laughed Out Loud
Previously: Dan Sileo, Miami Sports Radio Host & Former Hurricane, Lost His Mind On the Air After The U Lost to Kansas State
- Mario Gjurovski Celebrates Goal By Removing Shorts, Wearing them on His Head, Gets Red Card [Video]
- ESPN is Covering Every Angle Of the RGIII Workout
- The Jason McIntyre Show: NBA Draft Talk with ESPN’s Jay Williams
- LSU Offers Scholarship to Snoop Dogg Snoop Lion’s Son Cordell Broadus
- Miguel Cabrera Hit a Home Run With a Huge Assist From Michael Bourn [Video]
- Dawgfather on ESPN is Covering Every Angle Of the RGIII Workout
- chatterbox on ESPN is Covering Every Angle Of the RGIII Workout
- Nada on Mario Gjurovski Celebrates Goal By Removing Shorts, Wearing them on His Head, Gets Red Card [Video]
- dikembemutomballs on Houston Astros Vendor Caught on the Toilet with Snow Cones Next to Him, Has Been Fired [Video]
- jaddams on LSU Offers Scholarship to
Snoop DoggSnoop Lion's Son Cordell Broadus
22 Responses to “Dan Sileo Was Fired Because of an Anti-Semitic Remark”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.