This week’s guest: Former Notre Dame/Oklahoma State point guard Doug Gottlieb, who left ESPN last summer for CBS Sports. Gottlieb’s quite the big deal at CBS – he’s got a TV show, a radio show, he’s a college basketball studio analyst and he’ll be announcing games in this month’s NCAA Tournament.
Also, he’s opinionated. Very.
This was a marathon podcast that went nearly 50 minutes. I won’t hit on all the topics discussed, but among them:
* Life in the ESPN bubble. Apparently, when living in Connecticut, the only thing Gottlieb paid attention to was ESPN. That’s no longer the case!
* “College basketball is in shambles” he says. DeLoss Dodds agrees.
* Life with Seth Davis on the CBS set.
* We talk about the NBA draft and taking young kids who aren’t ready, like Flynn, Wes Johnson, Russell Westbrook, etc.
* Doug Gottlieb defends Andy Katz against that bully Jim Boeheim.
* The first few obscenities are dropped.
* I note how Kansas fans are an angry bunch on twitter. Gottlieb disagrees, says they are among the smartest.
* Stories of playing pickup ball, including the time Scott Brooks (NBA player, NBA coach) dominated him.
* Gottlieb, either wearing down at the end, or frustrated with my line of questioning, gets a little testy and starts disrespecting my basketball game, which he hasn’t seen. “Playing on the court with me would be the highlight of your career, but the low point of my career,” is pretty much what he said.
- Matt Harvey, the New York Mets’ Star Pitcher, is Dating SI Swimsuit Model Anne V
- The Kansas City Royals Are Becoming the Royals Again, and Fans Have Been Far Too Patient
- Champions League: Bayern Munich a Legacy of Losing at Stake
- Teddy Bridgewater Declined Heisman Promotion, But Louisville May Need That Attention
- Champions League: Borussia Dortmund’s Chance to Turn from Hipster Darlings to European Champions
- Monster is Meth on Matt Harvey, the New York Mets' Star Pitcher, is Dating SI Swimsuit Model Anne V
- KC Resident on The Kansas City Royals Are Becoming the Royals Again, and Fans Have Been Far Too Patient
- A.P. on The Kansas City Royals Are Becoming the Royals Again, and Fans Have Been Far Too Patient
- Ballz on "Matrix Bird" Escapes Death By Back-Flipping to Avoid Formula One Car During Monaco Grand Prix Practice [Video]
- Senator Jersey on Champions League: Bayern Munich a Legacy of Losing at Stake
31 Responses to “The Jason McIntyre Show Podcast, Episode 2: Doug Gottlieb of CBS Sports”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.