Ballin’: JaVale McGee Had Another Volleyball Spike into the Stands and I Can’t Believe JJ Barea Got Ejected For This
Denver 104, Atlanta 88: JaVale McGee, in just 17minutes – nine points, four rebounds, five blocks. One menacing glare after this volleyball spike. Not bad. Not bad at all. When people go back to comparing the Nuggets and the Knicks after the ‘Melo deal, one thing that is difficult to quantify – Denver clearing cap room. It allowed them to build perhaps the deepest team in the West. The Nuggets have won 11 in a row. As for, “Great Caesar’s Ghost!” after he ran the floor and dunked, what does that even mean here?
New York 102, Cleveland 97: The Cavs jumped to a huge early lead, then Carmelo got hurt (knee), and it appeared the Knicks were going to lose for the 11th straight time in Cleveland. But then Amare (!) came to the rescue and the Knicks made seven three-pointers in the fourth quarter to remain 1/2 game behind the Pacers in the race for the 2nd seed in the East. The Knicks have a brutal March schedule with six back-to-backs, and had to have this one.
Miami 97, Minnesota 81: The Timberwolves started Greg Stiemsma and Mickael Gelabale, and reserve JJ Barea got ejected for bumping Ray Allen. LeBron’s knee “injury” limited him to 20-10 in 34 minutes. The Heat have won 15 in a row and I sort of would love to see them win out in the regular season. Yup, peel off 24 more in a row to give them 39 straight heading into the playoffs (where they would inevitably lose game one to the Celtics/Bucks).
New Orleans 102, Orlando 105: What a rally by the Magic on the road! Trailing by 10 at the half, and six in the fourth, the Magic … ahhhh shit, you don’t care. These teams are lottery-bound. This is like a Padres/Mets game in August. A Browns/Raiders affair in November.
Milwaukee 109, Utah 108, OT: Enormous game with playoff implications in both conferences was won by the new kid – JJ Redick. He scored eight points in overtime and the Bucks continued their chase of Boston in the East. Milwaukee is just one game behind the Celtics for the 7th spot. Nobody wants to face Miami in the first round, obviously. The Jazz loss drops them to 8th in the West. Between Golden State, Houston, Utah and the Lakers, one of those will miss the postseason. Utah had three starters post a doughnut (Foye/Watson/Williams were 0-for-15), but they were without Al Jefferson (ankle). Brandon Jennings, coming off a rough week, had 17 assists and this game-tying bomb at the end of regulation. Jennings must have gotten the memo about pass-first: He had 19 assists Saturday.
Golden State 125, Toronto 118: David Lee led six players in double figures with 29 and my Warriors blitzed the Raptors for 42 points in the fourth to notch a crucial win on the road.
- Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- Ray Allen Forced Overtime By Hitting the 3-Pointer the Miami Heat Signed Him to Hit [Video]
- Mike Miller Hit a Huge 3-Pointer While Wearing Just One Shoe [Video]
- Jozy Altidore Scored Fourth Goal in Four Matches, Gave U.S. 1-0 Lead Against Honduras [Video]
- Tim Duncan Scores 25 in the First Half Against the Heat, Miami in Trouble
- orly57 on Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- Some Random Old Dude on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
- vajayjay redick on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
- resolutedefense on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
- scripty on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
17 Responses to “Ballin’: JaVale McGee Had Another Volleyball Spike into the Stands and I Can’t Believe JJ Barea Got Ejected For This”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.