The Phillies traded pitcher Vance Worley to the Twins in December, and the team didn’t know it, but the day he got the call was also the day he was picking up a ring to propose to his girlfriend, Maricel Vivas. Here’s their cute how-they-met story, courtesy of the Daily News:
In September 2011, Worley was scheduled for an autograph signing in Aston, Pa. Vivas’ brother knew she was a big fan of Worley’s, so he joked that she should travel from Roxborough “to see her boyfriend.” She did, getting Worley’s autograph and snapping a picture with him.
Later, via Twitter, she sent the pitcher a link to the picture. Around that same time, Hunter Pence went on Twitter asking if any of his followers wanted a date with fellow Phillies outfielder John Mayberry Jr., who had recently been featured in a New York Post gossip item that said Mayberry was trying to get a date with a model/actress who appeared in the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies.
Vivas responded to Pence.
“She said, ‘I want a date with Vance Worley,’ ” the righthander said with a rueful smile.
So they set up a date for after a game.
- John Tortorella Dropped an F-Bomb On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- A.P. on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- Monster is Meth on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
8 Responses to “Vance Worley of the Twins Met His Fiancee on Twitter, Sort of”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.