Ronda Rousey is the first female [everything] in UFC history. Technically, Liz Carmouche will be the first women in UFC history to enter the Octagon to fight and the first woman to be introduced, but she is only here because of Ronda Rousey. I am not saying that to marginalize Carmouche who has accomplished an unbelievable amount in a male-dominated sport to earn this opportunity, but because it is true.
The entire sport of Women’s Mixed Martial Arts will stand at a crossroads tomorrow night in Anaheim, California. If Ronda Rousey wins, things keep rolling. The UFC and Rousey will have proven that a woman can carry a PPV. Don’t think that is a small feat. Right now the UFC won’t even trust two of their smallest weight classes to headline a PPV.
If Ronda Rousey loses however… Things get complicated. Dana White and Zuffa want to be in the Ronda Rousey business. Will as many people line up to see Rousey’s comeback and Liz Carmouche’s title reign? Probably not, but we can worry about that in the distant future of Sunday morning.
I personally expect Rousey to do the thing she always does – Get her opponent on the ground and put her arm in a very uncomfortable place. Rousey is now 6-0 with 6 fights with 6 first round armbars. Will it be more of the same on Saturday? I’ll get a post up with a result as soon as possible. Until then, check out the full Primetime series below.
MAIN Card PPV – 10 p.m.
Ronda Rousey (6-0, UFC Debut) vs. Liz Carmouche (8-2, UFC Debut)
Dan Henderson (29-8, 6-2 UFC) vs. Lyoto Machida (18-3, 10-3 UFC)
Urijah Faber (26-6, 2-2 UFC) vs. Ivan Menjivar (25-9, 4-1 UFC)
Court McGee (13-3, 3-2 UFC) vs. Josh Neer (33-12-1, 6-8 UFC)
Josh Koscheck (17-6, 15-6 UFC) vs. Robbie Lawler (19-9 (1nc), 4-3 UFC)
FX Prelims – 8 p.m.
Lavar Johnson vs. Brendan Schaub
Mike Chiesa vs. Anton Kuivanen
Dennis Bermudez vs. Matt Grice
Caros Fodor vs. Sam Stout
FACEBOOK Prelims – 6:35 p.m.
Brock Jardine vs. Kenny Robertson
Neil Magny vs. Jon Manley
Nah-Shon Burrell vs. Yuri Villefort
Previously: Ronda Rousey Will Headline UFC 157 on February 23, 2013 Versus Liz Carmouche
Previously: Ronda Rousey Has Officially Signed With the UFC
Previously: Ronda Rousey Leg Tattoo. Sorry: A Fan Has a Tattoo of Ronda Rousey on His Leg.
Previously: Ronda Rousey – Sarah Kaufman Fight
Previously: Ronda Rousey told Conan she is single, wants to have sex
Previously: Ronda Rousey spars with Carmen Electra
Previously: Ronda Rousey nude in ESPN’s Body Issue
Previously: Ronda Rousey calling out Michael Phelps
Previously: Ronda Rousey calling out Kim Kardashian
Previously: Ronda Rousey snapping limbs
- LeBron James’ Game-Winning Lay Up at the Buzzer in Overtime While Roy Hibbert Sat on the Bench [Video]
- Paul George Hit a Ridiculous 3 to Send it Into Overtime After Throwing the Ball Away Moments Earlier [Video]
- Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- Shane Battier Kneed Roy Hibbert in the Balls [Video]
- Chuck Norris Wants a NFL Team to Sign Tim Tebow Because He is a Winner Like Chuck Norris
- knifeyspoony on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- wildcat1144 on LeBron James' Game-Winning Lay Up at the Buzzer in Overtime While Roy Hibbert Sat on the Bench [Video]
- resolutedefense on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
- A.P. on Paul George Wore Aqua Pants and a Green, Amoeba-Pattered Dress Shirt to Game 1 in Miami
8 Responses to “UFC 157: The Ronda Rousey Show Hits the Big Time”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.