Johnny Manziel is dating a model, has been on the Tonight Show and Letterman, won the Heisman, and is the biggest star in college football. I’d argue after just one magical season (5,116 total yards, 47 touchdowns), Manziel is the biggest athlete in Texas A&M sports history. He certainly is the biggest cash cow the school has ever had.
Of course, this means he can’t go to class anymore.
[RELATED: Early Top 20 For College Football in 2013]
Manziel showed up for an English class in College Station to start the Spring semester and it caused a “stir,” he told the Star Telegram. So now, he’s taking all of his classes online:
For now, Manziel is focused on preparing for spring football drills, which open March 2, and an academic schedule that includes four online classes in sports management that do not require him to be on campus every day. Manziel, 20, said he switched to the all-online approach after his presence caused a stir in an English class when the spring semester began.
“I went one day, and it kind of turned into a little more of a big deal than I thought,” said Manziel, who swapped the English class for another online offering in sports management.
Because of the online classes, Manziel has been able to travel to a variety of events — from the Super Bowl, to Mardi Gras, to NBA All-Star Weekend — in recent weeks that have caused some fans to question his off-season priorities. But Manziel said he clears every trip with the A&M compliance office and huddled recently with his parents, coach Kevin Sumlin and athletic director Eric Hyman to “make sure we were on the same terms” about his spring semester plans.
Sweet life. What are his Spring Break plans, or will Spring Football hamper those?
Given his level of fame, it’s difficult to imagine Manziel sticking around College Station beyond next year. Given all the weapons the Aggies will have on offense next season, and the sudden rise of the read option in the NFL, right now Manziel looks like a first round lock in 2014. Enjoy him while you can, Texas A&M. I know Texas can’t wait for him to leave.
Related: This is what Johnny Manziel Looked Like in Middle School
Related: Johnny Manziel and His Model Girlfriend Sat Courtside at the Rockets – Clippers Game
Related: Johnny Football Makes Trick Shots Look Easy With the Dude Perfect Guys [Video]
Related: Johnny Manziel’s Girlfriend, Sarah Savage, is a Model
- Christian Ponder Could Be Challenged for Starting Job by Matt Cassel, According to Adam Schefter
- Jozy Altidore is Hot, Jurgen Klinsmann is Making All the Right Moves, and US Soccer is on Fire
- Aaron Hernandez: Report Says He Has Not Been Ruled Out as a Suspect in Homicide
- Gregg Popovich, Shaky Down the Stretch, Was Surly With the Media Afterward [Video]
- Miami and San Antonio Game 6 Thriller Generated a Monster 14.7 Overnight TV Rating
- scripty on Aaron Hernandez: Report Says He Has Not Been Ruled Out as a Suspect in Homicide
- jbriaz on Miami and San Antonio Game 6 Thriller Generated a Monster 14.7 Overnight TV Rating
- s1rweeze on Christian Ponder Could Be Challenged for Starting Job by Matt Cassel, According to Adam Schefter
- KC Resident on Jozy Altidore is Hot, Jurgen Klinsmann is Making All the Right Moves, and US Soccer is on Fire
- spencer096 on Christian Ponder Could Be Challenged for Starting Job by Matt Cassel, According to Adam Schefter
67 Responses to “Johnny Manziel is Taking All Online Classes at Texas A&M Because People Mob Him in Class on Campus”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.