Derrick Nix Hit Cody Zeller in the Balls, But the Referees Didn’t Call Anything [UPDATE: Another GIF]
Derrick Nix of Michigan State got in a shot below the belt to Indiana star Cody Zeller late in the Big Ten’s GAME OF THE YEAR. Referees saw something and stopped play, then spent a few minutes looking at replays before concluding … hey, we know something happened, but replays were inconclusive! So Nix got away with one.
What should have been called? A flagrant foul. That’s a dirty play. At the time, Michigan State led 66-63 with just over two minutes left.
Tom Izzo, the class act that he is, pulled Nix out of the game anyway.
- Teddy Bridgewater Declined Heisman Promotion, But Louisville May Need That Attention
- Champions League: Borussia Dortmund’s Chance to Turn from Hipster Darlings to European Champions
- Jeff Goodman Has Left CBS Sports for ESPN
- This Tim Duncan Divorce Story is Somewhat Bizarre
- John Tortorella On Brad Richards Situation: “Kiss my ass if you want to write something different” [Video]
26 Responses to “Derrick Nix Hit Cody Zeller in the Balls, But the Referees Didn’t Call Anything [UPDATE: Another GIF]”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.