Mike Trout and Miguel Cabrera are the same weight.
The Los Angeles Angles center fielder reported to camp this week looking more like a linebacker. He clocked in at 240 pounds after being listed at 210 last year. Rumors suggest it’s not all muscle, either.
When he stands next to the slimmed-down version of Josh Hamilton, he looks positively rotund.
How the excess weight will affect the reigning American League Rookie of the Year remains to be seen. He’s said his weight fluctuates and doesn’t expect it to have an impact on his style of play.
Little is known about Trout’s offseason regimen except that it involved catching enormous fish while wearing tremendous plaid shorts.
[Photo via USA Today Sports]
- Premier League: What Each Club Should Prioritize in the Summer
- European Tour Chief George O’Grady: “Most of Sergio’s friends are colored athletes”
- Cute Dog Goes on Canadian Morning Show to Pick Senators – Peguins Winner, Instead Chooses Bacon
- Nada on Premier League: What Each Club Should Prioritize in the Summer
- ms621 on Premier League: What Each Club Should Prioritize in the Summer
- spencer096 on Footage of Kelly Tripucka Unveiling the Original Teal Charlotte Hornets' Uniforms in 1988 is Breathtaking [Video]
- ms621 on NFL Coaches Using Microsoft Tablets on the Sidelines in the Future Should Lead to Advances in Clock Management and Strategy
27 Responses to “Not a Fish Tale: Mike Trout Tips the Scales at 240 Pounds”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.