Mike Trout and Miguel Cabrera are the same weight.
The Los Angeles Angles center fielder reported to camp this week looking more like a linebacker. He clocked in at 240 pounds after being listed at 210 last year. Rumors suggest it’s not all muscle, either.
When he stands next to the slimmed-down version of Josh Hamilton, he looks positively rotund.
How the excess weight will affect the reigning American League Rookie of the Year remains to be seen. He’s said his weight fluctuates and doesn’t expect it to have an impact on his style of play.
Little is known about Trout’s offseason regimen except that it involved catching enormous fish while wearing tremendous plaid shorts.
[Photo via USA Today Sports]
- Paul George’s Vicious Dunk on Birdman Was Not Rated PG [Video]
- Matt Harvey, the New York Mets’ Star Pitcher, is Dating SI Swimsuit Model Anne V
- The Kansas City Royals Are Becoming the Royals Again, and Fans Have Been Far Too Patient
- Champions League: Bayern Munich a Legacy of Losing at Stake
- The Alarm on Premier League: What Each Club Should Prioritize in the Summer
- A.P. on Matt Harvey, the New York Mets' Star Pitcher, is Dating SI Swimsuit Model Anne V
27 Responses to “Not a Fish Tale: Mike Trout Tips the Scales at 240 Pounds”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.