Mike Trout and Miguel Cabrera are the same weight.
The Los Angeles Angles center fielder reported to camp this week looking more like a linebacker. He clocked in at 240 pounds after being listed at 210 last year. Rumors suggest it’s not all muscle, either.
When he stands next to the slimmed-down version of Josh Hamilton, he looks positively rotund.
How the excess weight will affect the reigning American League Rookie of the Year remains to be seen. He’s said his weight fluctuates and doesn’t expect it to have an impact on his style of play.
Little is known about Trout’s offseason regimen except that it involved catching enormous fish while wearing tremendous plaid shorts.
[Photo via USA Today Sports]
- Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- Ray Allen Forced Overtime By Hitting the 3-Pointer the Miami Heat Signed Him to Hit [Video]
- Mike Miller Hit a Huge 3-Pointer While Wearing Just One Shoe [Video]
- Jozy Altidore Scored Fourth Goal in Four Matches, Gave U.S. 1-0 Lead Against Honduras [Video]
- Tim Duncan Scores 25 in the First Half Against the Heat, Miami in Trouble
- Liquor on Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- orly57 on Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
27 Responses to “Not a Fish Tale: Mike Trout Tips the Scales at 240 Pounds”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.