The Reuben Foster saga took another unexpected turn yesterday when authorities captured his fugitive father near Miami after 16 years on the run.
Danny Foster, 41, is at an undisclosed location and will soon be transported back to Alabama.
In November 1995, Foster shot and seriously injured his ex-girlfriend, Inita Berry (now her last name is Paige) in the back as she was entering her father’s home on Chestnut Street in Roanoke. Her friend Michael Eric Magby, 35, of Valley was also hit in the arm, but was treated and released. Also shot was their baby son, Reuben Foster, who Inita was holding in her arms.
The older Foster was convicted of first- and second-degree assault for the shooting and sentenced to 30 years before escaping.
Efforts to find him were ramped up last summer and he was discovered in Florida using a fake name. His past had remained undiscovered even as he was jailed under his alias for a separate offense.
- Austrian Soccer Team Celebrates Championship By Throwing Sky Sports Reporter in the Hot Tub [Video]
- The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- CJ Spiller Breaks Down SpongeBob Characters While Eating a Foot Long Hot Dog [Video]
- Fan Runs on Field During Angels/Royals Game, Steals Rosin Bag, Trips Up Police Officer Chasing Him [Video]
- Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama’s Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell’s Graduation 20 Years Ago
3 Responses to “Alabama Recruit Reuben Foster’s Fugitive Father Captured After 16 Years on the Run”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.