Bill Walton has always been a tremendous basketball announcer, and Thursday during the UCLA/Washington game, the Westwood legend went all-in on Bruins coach Ben Howland. After taking repeated jabs at the poor attendance at Pauley, Walton’s on-air partner Dave Pasch basically challenged Walton to come out and say whatever was really on his mind. This made for great, powerful TV:
Pasch: “OK, well, that’s obvious. How do you play better basketball?”
Walton: “Better style.”
Pasch: “Alright, so, is that the coach? Is that the players?”
Walton: “It’s the coach.
Pasch: “So you’re not a Ben Howland fan?”
That’s a damning indictment of a coach who, as Pasch notes, took the Bruins to three straight Final Fours. Is it accurate? A little bit, certainly. The real story here is Walton, who is criminally-underused by ESPN and remains one of the best in the business. Walton, 60, has had some health issues, and the hope here is that he replaces Bob Knight in 2013 and does more than just West Coast games.
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- orly57 on John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- yorwifesahor on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Nada on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- A.P. on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
83 Responses to “Bill Walton Rips Ben Howland on ESPN, Stops Short of Saying He Should Be Fired [Video]”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.