I didn’t think anything on Wednesday’s slate could top the Michigan/Ohio State thriller Tuesday, but Oklahoma State and Baylor played a thrilling Big 12 game Wednesday, and the ending sequence was unbelievable. Pierre Jackson (24 points), who sparked a huge Baylor rally late to force overtime, penetrated into the lane and fed AJ Walton, who appeared to have the game-winning layup.
But no. Michael Cobbins of OK State swatted the shot, and Markel Brown of the Cowboys’ raced downcourt with the clock winding down. His acrobatic layup with :00.2 left gave Oklahoma State the 69-67 victory.
I really like the Cowboys as a Final Four sleeper. Takeover player? Check. Marcus Smart (though he was only 4-of-21 vs. Baylor). Brown (who shot a woeful 4-of-16) is their leading scorer and not a terrible alternative. In a run-and-jump game, they’ll be able to match anyone athlete for athlete.
I don’t love their size inside, nor their depth, and I have my reservations about anyone who falls in love with the three the way the Cowboys do. But if you’re looking for a 4-5-6 seed sleeper, keep an eye on the Cowboys. (That’s unless they win the Big 12 tourney and vault onto the 2nd or 3rd seed line.)
- Bob Stoops: Home Was Burglarized, Had Car Stolen
- Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal’s KO of the Year Candidate Against Seth Petruzelli at Bellator 96
- Break-Up Song About Players Leaving Via Free Agency Should Make Fans Cry
- Fight Master: Bellator MMA: Freshening Up a Tired Format
- John Wall Tattoos Are of the Raleigh Skyline and ‘The Great Wall’
- PL StabbinKabin on Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal's KO of the Year Candidate Against Seth Petruzelli at Bellator 96
- PL StabbinKabin on Neymar's Silky Dribbling Schools the Mexican Defense, Sets Up Another Brazilian Goal [Video]
- VladimirCrouton on Bob Stoops: Home Was Burglarized, Had Car Stolen
- KC Resident on Break-Up Song About Players Leaving Via Free Agency Should Make Fans Cry
- A.P. on Break-Up Song About Players Leaving Via Free Agency Should Make Fans Cry
11 Responses to “Michael Cobbins’ Block Leads to Markel Brown’s Layup with :00.2 and Oklahoma State Beats Baylor”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.