Bill Snyder, who just inked a new 5-year deal to stay at Kansas State, thought he landed one of the best recruits in Missouri in defensive end Jamone Boyd. Too bad Boyd was just arrested for armed robbery, an incident in which some of the victims were pistol-whipped.
The 18-year-old was charged with five counts each of first-degree robbery and armed criminal action, the Jackson County prosecutor’s office announced Monday. Boyd turned himself in to the Lee’s Summit Police Department on Sunday.
Witnesses told police Boyd and four or five other suspects forced their way into a Kansas City apartment in January. One of the five victims said he knew Boyd as a casual acquaintance, court documents state.
Some of the victims were struck in the head with a pistol and pushed to the floor before their wallets, cellphones and other electronic devices were stolen, according to the probable cause statement.
The suspects allegedly warned the victims to not call police under threat of retaliation, and that they would be back in a week or two to rob them again.
Will this prevent Boyd from actually signing on signing day? Wildcat nation waits.
Oh, and Boyd was arrested in November for marijuana possession – an incident when cops had to taser him twice. Man, Charlie Weis and Gary Pinkel really missed on Boyd. [KSHB]
- Someone Shouted “Wooooo! We Did It! We Did It!” After San Antonio Held Off Memphis in Overtime [Video[
- Sergio Garcia Made a ‘Fried Chicken’ Joke Toward Tiger Woods
- 2013 NBA Draft Lottery Complete, Order is Set: Cleveland Cavaliers Get 1st Pick
- Marvin Bagley, a 7th Grader, is 6-foot-7 and Looks to Definitely Have a Basketball Future [Video]
- Robert Griffin III Could Have Planted the Seeds of a Perception Problem After Sending Pictures of Wedding Gifts, Says Washington Writer
- resolutedefense on Sergio Garcia Made a 'Fried Chicken' Joke Toward Tiger Woods
- Dawgfather on Someone Shouted "Wooooo! We Did It! We Did It!" After San Antonio Held Off Memphis in Overtime [Video[
- WheresWallace on Sergio Garcia Made a 'Fried Chicken' Joke Toward Tiger Woods
- Nada on Sergio Garcia Made a 'Fried Chicken' Joke Toward Tiger Woods
- Nada on Someone Shouted "Wooooo! We Did It! We Did It!" After San Antonio Held Off Memphis in Overtime [Video[
18 Responses to “Kansas State Recruit Jamone Boyd Arrested for Armed Robbery – Two Days Before Signing Day”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.