Super Bowl commercials are very important. Companies spend millions of dollars for a few brief seconds in front tens of millions of potential customers. Sometimes they are awesome and become well-known cultural references. And sometimes they feature Danica Patrick. We’ll start with some solid Super Bowl commercials and then move on to the worst Super Bowl ads of 2013.
Honorable Mention For Effectiveness or Awesomeness:
Megan Fox in the bathtub for some phone
Audi Prom Night
Kat Dennings pole dancing to promoter her awful show
David Letterman and Andrew Luck
Calvin Klein (for the ladies)
Kate Upton’s Super Bowl ad
All Go Daddy Commercials always
Bud Light voodoo
Coke and Pepsi
Tracy Morgan’s sports drink thing
Amy Poehler at Best Buy
Seth Rogan and Paul Rudd for some phone
Now, here are my seven favorite ads from Super Bowl Sunday, in no particular order.
Budweiser Brotherhood Featuring Landslide
You could put just about any video to Landslide and it will evoke emotion in the viewer. Toss in a well-known animal and a tale of friendship and love and brotherhood and I’m starting to cry.
Doritos Goat 4 Sale
Something about the way the goat screams. Then the Tommy Wiseau-like freak out. Cartoon animal violence is never not funny.
Labatt Blue Crossing the Border
Seemed like a straightforward commercial that features a buff lifeguard fighting a shark to save a hot chick. Then – TWIST. Nothing beats an astronaut. They’re right.
Speed Stick Fold Your Panties
You have a situation that millions can relate to.
Wheat Thins Yeti
This commercial starts with the standard “stupid husband” trope, but takes a delightful turn once the lights are turned back on. Everything about the reveal is hilarious. Including Ted from next door running in and the guy yelling to check out his Yeti.
Dikembe Mutombo Geico
These GEICO ads are generally infuriating. A witch in a broom factory? Stupid. Gallagher at a farmers market? Funny. The folk rock duo? Utterly pointless. Despite all that, Dikembe Mutombo running around blocking cereal boxes and anything else you try and toss in a basket is amazing. I want Dikembe Mutombo’s voice on my GPS.
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- orly57 on John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- yorwifesahor on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Nada on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- A.P. on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
59 Responses to “Seven Best Super Bowl Commercials of 2013 [Video]”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.