Super Bowl 47 TV Ratings: 48.1 Overnight, Which is the Best Ever. CBS Executives Can Thank the Power Outage
Baltimore and San Francisco, for awhile, looked to be a clunker of a Super Bowl. The Ravens led 21-6 at halftime, then Jacoby Jones went 108 yards for a touchdown to start the second half, and the game appeared over. A few plays later … the lights went out. And what at the time looked like a disaster, ended up saving the day.
Super Bowl gets highest ever overnite rating of a 48.1.
— Richard Sandomir (@RichSandomir) February 4, 2013
I’d say the 35-minute blackout (and Beyonce‘s halftime performance) greatly helped ratings. Even if you weren’t watching, but you heard or saw on social media there was a blackout at the Super Bowl, weren’t you likely to tune in just to see what was going on?
Five minutes after the blackout ended, San Francisco put together a fierce rally. Colin Kaepernick led a scoring drive. The 49ers forced a 3-and-out. Tedd Ginn had a great punt return, then the 49ers scored again. Ray Rice fumbled. The 49ers kicked a field goal. That set up an exciting 4th quarter.
How are you turning away from that game?
Joe Flacco wasn’t the only one screaming “Fucking awesome!” last night, that’s for sure.
Related: Jim Harbaugh Finally Had a Super Bowl Freakout [gif]
Related: Delanie Walker Lit Up Jacoby Jones in the Super Bowl [GIF]
Related: Ray Rice Fumbled Because The Lights Went Out For Thirty Minutes, Obviously
Related: John Harbaugh Yelled at a Guy Wearing a Suit During the Super Bowl Blackout
Related: John Harbaugh Noticed That The Lights Went Out During the Super Bowl
Related: The Power Is Out in Half of the Super Dome, Super Bowl Delayed
Related: Jacoby Jones Returned the Second Half Kickoff 108 Yards
Related: Jacoby Jones Makes a Crazy Catch, Doesn’t Get Touched, Scores and Dances [GIF]
Related: The Ravens’ Fake Field Goal Probably Worked Better on Paper [Video]
Related: Cary Williams of the Ravens Shoved a Ref in the Super Bowl, Wasn’t Ejected
Related: Ray Rice Hurdled One of His Own Lineman
Related: Paul Kruger’s Orchestra Sack Dance
- Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- Ray Allen Forced Overtime By Hitting the 3-Pointer the Miami Heat Signed Him to Hit [Video]
- Mike Miller Hit a Huge 3-Pointer While Wearing Just One Shoe [Video]
- Jozy Altidore Scored Fourth Goal in Four Matches, Gave U.S. 1-0 Lead Against Honduras [Video]
- Tim Duncan Scores 25 in the First Half Against the Heat, Miami in Trouble
- Liquor on Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- orly57 on Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
105 Responses to “Super Bowl 47 TV Ratings: 48.1 Overnight, Which is the Best Ever. CBS Executives Can Thank the Power Outage”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.