Jacoby Jones Kickoff Return for TD Means Baltimore Furniture Store Gives Away $600,000 in Free Furniture
When Jacoby Jones raced up the middle 108 yards for a touchdown to start the second half of the Super Bowl, Baltimore Ravens fans erupted with joy at a 28-6 lead. A few lucky fans in Baltimore were doubly lucky – they got free furniture thanks to a bizarre giveaway. From the Baltimore Sun:
Gardiners Furniture, a Baltimore company, offered customers the throwdown, saying if such a kick return happened, all furniture bought between Jan. 31 and 3 p.m. on game day would be free.
This is the third year the store has run such a promotion. Since such a kick return hasn’t happened in nearly 50 years, Lehrl said, the store owners figured they were pretty safe. But they took out an insurance policy — just in case.
This year, she said, they’ll be giving out $600,000 of free furniture.
Wonder if the insurance company took Lehrl’s word for it on the “nearly 50 years” fact. Hope not. According to Super Bowl records, the first kickoff return for a score – anytime – was by Fulton Walker of the Miami Dolphins in 1985.
And as everyone remembers, Devin Hester ran the opening kickoff back 92 yards against the Colts in 2007. Maybe Mr. Furniture Owner meant five instead of 50? [Sun]
Related: Jim Harbaugh Finally Had a Super Bowl Freakout [gif]
Related: Delanie Walker Lit Up Jacoby Jones in the Super Bowl [GIF]
Related: Ray Rice Fumbled Because The Lights Went Out For Thirty Minutes, Obviously
Related: John Harbaugh Noticed That The Lights Went Out During the Super Bowl
Related: The Power Is Out in Half of the Super Dome, Super Bowl Delayed
Related: Jacoby Jones Returned the Second Half Kickoff 108 Yards
Related: Jacoby Jones Makes a Crazy Catch, Doesn’t Get Touched, Scores and Dances [GIF]
Related: The Ravens’ Fake Field Goal Probably Worked Better on Paper [Video]
Related: Cary Williams of the Ravens Shoved a Ref in the Super Bowl, Wasn’t Ejected
Related: Ray Rice Hurdled One of His Own Lineman
Related: Paul Kruger’s Orchestra Sack Dance
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- orly57 on John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- yorwifesahor on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Nada on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- A.P. on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
56 Responses to “Jacoby Jones Kickoff Return for TD Means Baltimore Furniture Store Gives Away $600,000 in Free Furniture”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.