Jacoby Jones Kickoff Return for TD Means Baltimore Furniture Store Gives Away $600,000 in Free Furniture
When Jacoby Jones raced up the middle 108 yards for a touchdown to start the second half of the Super Bowl, Baltimore Ravens fans erupted with joy at a 28-6 lead. A few lucky fans in Baltimore were doubly lucky – they got free furniture thanks to a bizarre giveaway. From the Baltimore Sun:
Gardiners Furniture, a Baltimore company, offered customers the throwdown, saying if such a kick return happened, all furniture bought between Jan. 31 and 3 p.m. on game day would be free.
This is the third year the store has run such a promotion. Since such a kick return hasn’t happened in nearly 50 years, Lehrl said, the store owners figured they were pretty safe. But they took out an insurance policy — just in case.
This year, she said, they’ll be giving out $600,000 of free furniture.
Wonder if the insurance company took Lehrl’s word for it on the “nearly 50 years” fact. Hope not. According to Super Bowl records, the first kickoff return for a score – anytime – was by Fulton Walker of the Miami Dolphins in 1985.
And as everyone remembers, Devin Hester ran the opening kickoff back 92 yards against the Colts in 2007. Maybe Mr. Furniture Owner meant five instead of 50? [Sun]
Related: Jim Harbaugh Finally Had a Super Bowl Freakout [gif]
Related: Delanie Walker Lit Up Jacoby Jones in the Super Bowl [GIF]
Related: Ray Rice Fumbled Because The Lights Went Out For Thirty Minutes, Obviously
Related: John Harbaugh Noticed That The Lights Went Out During the Super Bowl
Related: The Power Is Out in Half of the Super Dome, Super Bowl Delayed
Related: Jacoby Jones Returned the Second Half Kickoff 108 Yards
Related: Jacoby Jones Makes a Crazy Catch, Doesn’t Get Touched, Scores and Dances [GIF]
Related: The Ravens’ Fake Field Goal Probably Worked Better on Paper [Video]
Related: Cary Williams of the Ravens Shoved a Ref in the Super Bowl, Wasn’t Ejected
Related: Ray Rice Hurdled One of His Own Lineman
Related: Paul Kruger’s Orchestra Sack Dance
- Legends Football League Issues Statement About Coach Yelling, “I’m gonna punch you in the face” at Female Player
- Former UFC Fighter Waylon Lowe Suing Philly Sex Shop After a Gel Left His Genitals Burned and Scarred
- Brian Urlacher: Combining Old School and New School in Chicago, and Probably a Spot in Canton
- The Time Has Come for Replay in Baseball, But Bud & Co. Have to Get it Right
- David Beckham: Ignore Revisionist History, He Was One of the Greats
- ms621 on Brian Urlacher: Combining Old School and New School in Chicago, and Probably a Spot in Canton
- starkweather on Brian Urlacher: Combining Old School and New School in Chicago, and Probably a Spot in Canton
- Jason McIntyre on David Beckham: Ignore Revisionist History, He Was One of the Greats
- MP on David Beckham: Ignore Revisionist History, He Was One of the Greats
- dikembemutomballs on Legends Football League Issues Statement About Coach Yelling, "I'm gonna punch you in the face" at Female Player
56 Responses to “Jacoby Jones Kickoff Return for TD Means Baltimore Furniture Store Gives Away $600,000 in Free Furniture”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.