Randy Moss said he was the greatest receiver of all-time today at Super Bowl Media Day, which will be no worse than the 123rd most ridiculous thing to come out of Media Day. I know, I know, it sounds ridiculous. I did declare Jerry Rice the greatest receiver of all-time, but that was said in the heat of the moment, not after the time for proper measured reflection that is Super Bowl week.
So let’s make the case for Randy over Jerry.
We’ll start here, as Randy Moss has led his team, the San Francisco 49ers, to a Super Bowl at age 35 despite being saddled with a quarterback covered in tattoos. Did Jerry Rice ever do that at age 35? No.
Randy Moss at age 35: 28 catches, 434 yards, 3 touchdowns
Jerry Rice at age 35: 7 catches, 78 yards, 1 touchdown
That’s what I call domination. I’ll just stop there before I have to think of something else, like percentage of Super Bowls reached as a 49er, or times not winning Dancing With the Stars, and just declare this case closed.
[photo via USA Today Sports Images]
- The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- CJ Spiller Breaks Down SpongeBob Characters While Eating a Foot Long Hot Dog [Video]
- Fan Runs on Field During Angels/Royals Game, Steals Rosin Bag, Trips Up Police Officer Chasing Him [Video]
- Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama’s Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell’s Graduation 20 Years Ago
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
60 Responses to “Randy Moss Says He is the Greatest Receiver of All-Time, and He is Right”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.