Phil Mickelson qualifies as “filthy” rich, earning nearly $50 million per year. Like many in his tax bracket, he expressed his frustration about being “targeted” by tax increases and told reporters he may consider “drastic changes.”
“There are going to be some drastic changes for me because I happen to be in that zone that has been targeted both federally and by the state and, you know, it doesn’t work for me right now. So I’m going to have to make some changes.
“If you add up all the federal and you look at the disability and the unemployment and the Social Security and the state, my tax rate’s 62, 63%. So I’ve got to make some decisions on what I’m going to do.”
Mickelson already apologized for the remarks. To be fair, he will be facing a hefty bill. His federal taxes will go up in 2013. California also approved state income tax increases, bringing the rate for millionaires to 13.3 percent. Were Mickelson to “drastically change” his permanent residence from California to state income tax-free Florida, he would save around $6.4 million per year. Uprooting can be rough, but we’re sure he would pull through.
[Photo via Getty]
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- orly57 on John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- yorwifesahor on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Nada on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- A.P. on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
286 Responses to “Phil Mickelson Whining About His Taxes Went Over Well”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.