These are “highlights” from the TRI World Finals. What is that? I’m not entirely sure because if you Google “TRI World Finals” you get a lot of results about triathlons and this most certainly is not a triathlon. I guess we will turn to The TRI Federation YouTube page for an answer:
This channel is dedicated to a new sport, TRI. Played by 3 teams, on a circular field over 90 minutes, this game is a hybrid consisting of features from Rugby, American Football and Australian rules, as well as many other elements.
Originally designed in 2006, by Jeremiah Schwarz, the sport is expanding into several international cities. Its purpose is to challenge athletes at a higher fidelity of strategy, ball handling and fitness. The TRI Federation aims to provide this exciting new activity to the world and guide people to help build this sport together.
So basically, it is rugby, played on a circular field with a banana-shaped ball. Or, if you want to describe it in less words – “stupid.” Also, to show how extreme the athletes are, they appear to wear letters instead of numbers on their jerseys. It’s like we’re watching the future of sport!
The important thing is that we have sniffed out yet another stupid, made-up sport. I will not rest until we have uncovered them all.
Previously: Texas Hipsters Finally Combine Football, Rocky Horror Picture Show and Unicycles
Previously: This is the Only Picture You’ll Need to See From the 2012 World Race Walking Cup
Previously: Ultimateball is Another Made Up Sport
Previously: Combat Juggling is Real and it is Spectacular
Previously: Ultimate Tazer Ball is the Newest and Dumbest Sport
Previously: Video From The North American Wife-Carrying Championship
Previously: What Is Dumber: Extreme Ironing or Kronum?
Previously: Mutton Bustin’
- The Kansas City Royals Are Becoming the Royals Again, and Fans Have Been Far Too Patient
- Champions League: Bayern Munich a Legacy of Losing at Stake
- Teddy Bridgewater Declined Heisman Promotion, But Louisville May Need That Attention
- Champions League: Borussia Dortmund’s Chance to Turn from Hipster Darlings to European Champions
- Jeff Goodman Has Left CBS Sports for ESPN
- KC Resident on The Kansas City Royals Are Becoming the Royals Again, and Fans Have Been Far Too Patient
- A.P. on The Kansas City Royals Are Becoming the Royals Again, and Fans Have Been Far Too Patient
- Ballz on "Matrix Bird" Escapes Death By Back-Flipping to Avoid Formula One Car During Monaco Grand Prix Practice [Video]
- Senator Jersey on Champions League: Bayern Munich a Legacy of Losing at Stake
- Billy Buckner on The Kansas City Royals Are Becoming the Royals Again, and Fans Have Been Far Too Patient
4 Responses to ““TRI” is a Silly Sport That Combines Rugby and a Ball Shaped Like a Banana”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.