Lovie Smith is the first firing of Black Monday that was not a foregone conclusion as the season concluded. The Bears missed out on the playoffs when Minnesota beat Green Bay on a late field goal, and today, Lovie Smith is out.
In some ways, not surprising, because Lovie has been in Chicago for nine years, and has now missed the playoffs in five of the last six. The 10-6 record might have bought him some time, but he was working with a new GM likely looking for a reason to start with his own guy.
[photo via USA Today Sports Images]
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- orly57 on John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- yorwifesahor on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Nada on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- A.P. on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
47 Responses to “Lovie Smith Fired as Head Coach of Chicago Bears”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.