Bowl: Famous Idaho Potato
Toasting Town: Boise, Idaho
No Shame: Neither of these teams lost a game by more than a touchdown this season. Utah State lost twice: 16-14 at Wisconsin on a missed field goal and 6-3 at BYU. Toledo lost to Arizona on the road in overtime and two seven-point games to nine-win Ball State and Orange Bowl-bound Northern Illinois.
Quarterback Controversy: Toledo quarterbacks Austin Dantin and Terrance Owens have been battling each other for the quarterback job since 2010. Owens started much of the season, though in the final game against Akron Dantin completed 29/35 for 327 yards and five touchdowns. Expect to see both.
Staying: Gary Andersen was expected to be a hot coaching commodity, with jobs at Cal and Colorado open. He decided to stay at Utah State.
Ticket Sales: Toledo only sold around 300 tickets for this game, though, to be fair, Toledo fans had two weeks notice. The bowl game will not require Toledo to buy up its remaining allotment (what a novel concept).
Recreational Prediction: Utah State (-10.5).
[Photo via Presswire]
- Chris Parmelee of the Twins Got Hit in a Sensitive Area While Running to First [GIF]
- Steelers Fans Who Have Difficulty Spelling Should Avoid Homemade Tattoos
- Twins are Screening ‘The Sandlot’ at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
- Premier League: Arsenal Books Champions League Spot; Spurs Snake Bitten Again
- Fans Are Buying All of Robert Griffin III’s Wedding Registry Gifts, and He Has a Picture to Prove It
- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez has the highest WAR evah! on Roy Hibbert Blocked Carmelo Anthony And It Was Epic [GIF]
- beardown on Twins are Screening 'The Sandlot' at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez has the highest WAR evah! on Twins are Screening 'The Sandlot' at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
- The Rock on NBC Sports is Already Blowing Up The Crossover, and Michelle Beadle is Going to Host the Show Alone
- Dougb0001 on Premier League: Arsenal Books Champions League Spot; Spurs Snake Bitten Again
13 Responses to “Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Toledo vs. Utah State”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.