Andrea Bargnani, talking to an Italian newspaper, summed up his Toronto Raptors – 5-19, winners of two straight – thusly:
We pretty much the worst NBA team. The summer market was made to build a winning team, but we are not winning. We are below all expectations. Nobody is used to playing with anyone. We won 4 games: it’s a tragic thing, from whatever side you look at it is a desperate situation.
Bargnani, the #1 pick in the 2006 draft, is being booed regularly at home (though he’s out now with an elbow injury) as he’s enduring one of the worst seasons of his career. Two years ago he peaked at 21.4 ppg, but it has been all downhill since, and he’s currently shooting 39 percent from the field and just 31 percent on 3-pointers.
Reminder to Toronto fans – the 2006 draft didn’t have much talent in it, and there were four majors busts in the Top 10, but if you’re compiling a starting five from that draft, Bargnani ain’t making the cut:
PG – Rondo
SG – Redick
SF – Rudy Gay
PF – Millsap
C – Aldridge
- Aaron Hernandez Was Sued Last Week For Shooting a Man after a Miami Strip Club Outing in February
- Marlon Williams, the Former Texas Tech LB & Real World Castmember, Has a Rap Video
- Johnny Manziel is Not Undergoing “Social Implosion,” He’s Just a 20-Year-Old
- Jonny Gomes Hit a Walk-Off Homer, Auditioned to be an NFL Punter Rounding Third Base
- Christian Ponder Could Be Challenged for Starting Job by Matt Cassel, According to Adam Schefter
- karma on Miami and San Antonio Game 6 Thriller Generated a Monster 14.7 Overnight TV Rating
- KC Resident on Aaron Hernandez Was Sued Last Week For Shooting a Man after a Miami Strip Club Outing in February
- Liquor on Johnny Manziel is Not Undergoing "Social Implosion," He's Just a 20-Year-Old
- Ty_Webb on Aaron Hernandez: Report Says He Has Not Been Ruled Out as a Suspect in Homicide
- arkbadger on Johnny Manziel is Not Undergoing "Social Implosion," He's Just a 20-Year-Old
One Response to “Andrea Bargnani Calls His Toronto Raptors “Pretty much worst NBA team””
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.