Mark Sanchez will start at QB for the Jets Sunday against lowly Jacksonville, the team announced at 8 am.
What the Jets have yet to reveal: Who is his backup? It’s a legitimate question, given how poorly Sanchez has played the last two games. I don’t see how it isn’t McElroy.
When that happens, you can fire up all the “trade Tebow” talk, although he probably isn’t going anywhere because, well, what’s the market for him? Doesn’t that Tebow-to-Thomas TD pass in the playoffs seem like years ago? It’s barely been 11 months.
As we opined Monday, Sanchez has to be the QB vs. Jacksonville. The Jaguars are a joke, and if Sanchez can’t perform well against arguably the league’s worst defense, you might as well make McElroy your starter for the final three games.
The Sanchez optimist: With a healthy, slightly more experienced group of WRs next year, and improvements to the OL and running game … eh, I’ll stop there. BUT! As Nate Silver noted Sunday:
2010: Sanchez QB rating 75.3, Jets D 6th in NFL, Jets 11-5. 2012: Sanchez QB rating 75.6, Jets D 26th in NFL, Jets 4-7.
— Nate Silver (@fivethirtyeight) December 2, 2012
Related: Greg McElroy Threw His 1st NFL TD Pass, Then Looked Around to Find the Ball as a Keepsake
Related: Mark Sanchez Has Been Benched, Tim Tebow Time! Wait, Greg McElroy Time!
Related: Cardinals and Jets First 11 Drives Have Been Slightly Horrific
Related: No Good Way to Do Tragedy: The Game at Arrowhead Goes On
- The Evolution of Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You’ll See This Week
- Champions League Final: Arjen Robben’s Late Goal Wins it for Bayern Munich [Video]
- Champions League Final: Neven Subotic Makes Terrific Sliding Stop to Thwart Sure Goal [Video]
- LeBron James and Michael Jordan Have Now Been Compared to God by NBA Players
- Champions League Final: Manuel Neuer’s Save is Your First-Half Highlight [Video]
- vermincain on LeBron James and Michael Jordan Have Now Been Compared to God by NBA Players
- Monster is Meth on The Evolution of Chris 'Birdman' Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You'll See This Week
- Jason McIntyre on Champions League Final: Arjen Robben's Late Goal Wins it for Bayern Munich [Video]
- jekyll on The Evolution of Chris 'Birdman' Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You'll See This Week
- Monster is Meth on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
75 Responses to “Mark Sanchez Named Jets Starting QB by Rex Ryan For Jacksonville Game”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.