Carolina Has Lost Twelve Coin Tosses in a Row, So the Panthers Are Asking the Fans to Make the Next Call
The Carolina Panthers have lost twelve coin tosses in a row. This is a problem, because, well, we don’t know if they would choose to defer or not. The Panthers are taking to social media and head coach Ron Rivera is asking fans to vote heads or tails for the next game against the Chiefs. I’m rooting for a 50/50 split.
I wrote about the odds of going 0 for 11 and what it really means last year, when talking about the Saints being on a similar run. We’ve now seen two such runs in two years. What are the odds of that? Well, it should happen 1 in 4 years. Of course, we know that it already happened with the Saints last year. So the chances that we would see some team go on a 0 for 11 run was 1 in 4 this year (roughly). An 0 for 12 run? 1 in 8.
I’m going to take this in a different direction. I think Ron Rivera should use social media more for his decision making. Fourth downs? What would the fans do? It would probably be a better call. Looking forward to the day the fans can vote in real time about challenges, decisions to go for it or kick, and whether to pass on third down or run it, punt, and try to win the game with defense.
[photo via US Presswire]
- Lionel Messi Holding His Son Thiago Is Your Sports Photo of the Week
- UCLA AD Dan Guerrero Would Like People Stop Focusing on Steve Alford’s Past and Instead Look at What He Has Accomplished at UCLA
- Chris Parmelee of the Twins Got Hit in a Sensitive Area While Running to First [GIF]
- Steelers Fans Who Have Difficulty Spelling Should Avoid Homemade Tattoos
- Twins are Screening ‘The Sandlot’ at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
- orly57 on Steelers Fans Who Have Difficulty Spelling Should Avoid Homemade Tattoos
- orly57 on Fans Are Buying All of Robert Griffin III's Wedding Registry Gifts, and He Has a Picture to Prove It
- resolutedefense on Premier League: Arsenal Books Champions League Spot; Spurs Snake Bitten Again
- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez has the highest WAR evah! on Twins are Screening 'The Sandlot' at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
- A.P. on Twins are Screening 'The Sandlot' at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
6 Responses to “Carolina Has Lost Twelve Coin Tosses in a Row, So the Panthers Are Asking the Fans to Make the Next Call”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.