Louisville and Rutgers will play to decide which team represents the Big East in the Orange Bowl. Since both schools are soon to be leaving the conference, this will also decide the ACC vs. Big Ten Challenge (said almost everyone on twitter).
Charlie Strong did not interview for the Auburn job. Rutgers’ move to the Big Ten is already paying dividends. The Empire State Building will be let red tonight in honor of Rutgers tonight, delighting the swarms of fans infiltrating every watering hole this city has at this very moment.
Here’s a look at the combatants’ resumés.
Louisville (9-2, SRS 59)
Best Wins: Cincinnati (35), North Carolina (55), at Pittsburgh (64)
Losses: at Syracuse (49), Connecticut (88)
ATS: 4-7 (1-3 away)
Rutgers (9-2, SRS 47)
Best Wins: at Cincinnati (35), Syracuse (49), at Arkansas (61)
Losses: Kent State (56), at Pittsburgh (64)
ATS: 7-4 (3-2 home)
History: Louisville has won 4/7 since joining the Big East, including the last two (40-13 in New Brunswick in 2010, and 16-14 in Louisville last year).
Prediction: Rutgers (-3). Teddy Bridgewater is too injured to get behind center. The young Cardinals have struggled on the road. They are playing at Rutgers on a Thursday night, in sub 40-degree weather and for the chance to play for all the Discover Cards. We H-A-T-E Rutgers’ offense, but they find enough points to win an ugly game.
[Photo via Presswire]
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago’s Sarah Spain
- Premier League: What Each Club Should Prioritize in the Summer
- Footage of Kelly Tripucka Unveiling the Original Teal Charlotte Hornets’ Uniforms in 1988 is Breathtaking [Video]
- NFL Coaches Using Microsoft Tablets on the Sidelines in the Future Should Lead to Advances in Clock Management and Strategy
- Jason McIntyre on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- oranjebleeder on Premier League: What Each Club Should Prioritize in the Summer
- ButtersBC on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- angry on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- Monster is Meth on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
3 Responses to “Big East Championship (De Facto): Louisville at Rutgers”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.