The ACC has become a re-branded Big East. The Big East has become a re-branded Conference USA. Tulane will become the latest addition to the conference, adding a moderate amount of theoretical television eyeballs and no athletic prowess. East Carolina will join in football. This collection of teams lacks any coherence or congruity. The conference has become the island of misfit toys, but far less charming.
Tulane is terrible. In football, the Green Wave have not been bowl eligible since 2002. They have not won five games since 2004. They have lost seven-straight to Memphis. MEMPHIS. In basketball, Tulane has not appeared in the NCAA Tournament since 1995. Now, they are moving up a level. East Carolina: decent program under Skip Holtz, just getting back to decency under Ruffin McNeill.
With no privileged football postseason access, there is really no point. The Big East is not adding BYU. There’s a strong possibility Boise State and San Diego State will rejoin the Mountain West. The ACC should take at least one team. Looking at a potential 2014 membership…Yuck.
East: UConn/Louisville, South Florida, Central Florida, Temple, East Carolina
West: Tulane, SMU, Houston, Memphis, Cincinnati
Good luck getting that massive TV deal.
[Photo via Presswire]
- Matt Harvey, the New York Mets’ Star Pitcher, is Dating SI Swimsuit Model Anne V
- The Kansas City Royals Are Becoming the Royals Again, and Fans Have Been Far Too Patient
- Champions League: Bayern Munich a Legacy of Losing at Stake
- Teddy Bridgewater Declined Heisman Promotion, But Louisville May Need That Attention
- Champions League: Borussia Dortmund’s Chance to Turn from Hipster Darlings to European Champions
- Monster is Meth on Matt Harvey, the New York Mets' Star Pitcher, is Dating SI Swimsuit Model Anne V
- KC Resident on The Kansas City Royals Are Becoming the Royals Again, and Fans Have Been Far Too Patient
- A.P. on The Kansas City Royals Are Becoming the Royals Again, and Fans Have Been Far Too Patient
- Ballz on "Matrix Bird" Escapes Death By Back-Flipping to Avoid Formula One Car During Monaco Grand Prix Practice [Video]
- Senator Jersey on Champions League: Bayern Munich a Legacy of Losing at Stake
46 Responses to “The Big East Adds Tulane and East Carolina, Should Just Rename Itself Conference USA”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.