This was the last time the Jets beat the Patriots. January 16, 2011. Jerricho Cotchery, Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes were celebrating on the bench late during a memorable 28-21 playoff win on the road.
(As a Jets fan since 1986ish, I’d say it was the best win I’ve experienced as a fan of this woebegone franchise.)
Since then, here’s the combined score of the three meetings between the teams: 96-63. The Patriots are favored by a touchdown tonight.
Now, briefly, let’s play the what if game!
What if Stephen Hill catches a simple 1st down pass in the 4th quarter of the team’s first meeting this year, with the game tied at 23? The Jets take three kneel downs, then kick the game-winner and pull off the upset. Hill dropped the pass, the Jets kicked a field goal, but left enough time for Tom Brady to drive the Patriots down the field to tie the game. (New York lost in overtime after Mark Sanchez fumbled.)
If Hill catches that pass, the Jets could be 5-5 and the Patriots could be 6-4 and this game could be for 1st place in the AFC East.
Back in reality … the Patriots have lost three games by four points, and have a +133 scoring margin, by far highest in the NFL. New England is the superior team, and should win. The pick: Patriots 30, Jets 17.
- Brand Lacrosse Takes Center Stage
- Female Rugby Fan Hurls Racial Insult in Player’s Face, Gets Ejected Immediately [Video]
- “Matrix Bird” Escapes Death By Back-Flipping to Avoid Formula One Car During Monaco Grand Prix Practice [Video]
- Austrian Soccer Team Celebrates Championship By Throwing Sky Sports Reporter in the Hot Tub [Video]
- The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- RexKramerDangerSeeker on The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- ms621 on The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- Nada on Female Rugby Fan Hurls Racial Insult in Player's Face, Gets Ejected Immediately [Video]
- ohheelyeah on The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- Nada on The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
18 Responses to “Patriots at Jets: Will New England Make it 4 in a Row Against New York?”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.