Jack Taylor, the 5-foot-10, 170-pound scoring machine for Grinnell, managed to leave a lasting impression with shooting connoisseur, Kobe Bryant, following the young man’s 138 point performance on Tuesday night. Here’s Kobe’s initial reaction to the obscene scoring outburst:
“Really? Wow. That’s impressive. That’s crazy. I don’t care what level you’re at. Scoring 138 points is pretty insane.”
Upon learning that Taylor launched 71 three-pointers, Kobe said “holy shit … he must have been wearing the Mambas, man. Only Mambas have no conscious to shoot the ball like that.”
Of course, the conversation eventually delved into what the reaction would be if Kobe were to drop 138 points. What followed was a quote that will no doubt be framed and cherished by Jack Taylor forever, and understandably so:
“Would people be celebrating me if I scored 138 points? You know how it is, some people would, some people wouldn’t. They can all kiss my a– as I’m sure he feels the same way. If you score 138 points, you kind of have a license to tell people to f— off.
This is exactly why you should love Kobe Bryant even if you find it easy to hate Kobe Bryant.
Kevin Durant also chimed in on the scoring fiesta, tweeting that Jack Taylor deserves “a shot of Jack Daniels after that performance.” Young Jack is just a sophomore, so I expect David Stern to promptly fine Durant for encouraging underage drinking.
[via CBS Sports]
- Rich Rodriguez’s 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- The Evolution of Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You’ll See This Week
- Champions League Final: Arjen Robben’s Late Goal Wins it for Bayern Munich [Video]
- Champions League Final: Neven Subotic Makes Terrific Sliding Stop to Thwart Sure Goal [Video]
- LeBron James and Michael Jordan Have Now Been Compared to God by NBA Players
- resolutedefense on LeBron James and Michael Jordan Have Now Been Compared to God by NBA Players
- vermincain on LeBron James and Michael Jordan Have Now Been Compared to God by NBA Players
- Monster is Meth on The Evolution of Chris 'Birdman' Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You'll See This Week
- Jason McIntyre on Champions League Final: Arjen Robben's Late Goal Wins it for Bayern Munich [Video]
- jekyll on The Evolution of Chris 'Birdman' Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You'll See This Week
96 Responses to “Kobe Bryant on Jack Taylor’s 138 Points: “Holy shit””
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.