We had a 2013 NFL mock draft back in May. Then we had one in late August. Around the middle of the college football season, in October, we did another mock. Here’s our end of the season mock. We’ll re-adjust after the NFL regular season is complete.
1. Jacksonville – Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah. Been in our top five all year, and with no QB distinguishing himself, Jags push for a trade or shore up the league’s 4th worst run D with 6-foot-4, 325-pound monster.
2. Kansas City – Matt Barkley, QB, USC. Won’t be popular, but the Chiefs are in dire need of a QB. USC QBs have largely flopped in the pros, and Barkley didn’t have a great senior year. Trade down to take him? I think Barkley will shine at the combine and impress in interviews and go in the Top 10.
3. Cleveland – Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M. Browns will have a new coach, so this pick could go to anything. The defense is solid, but the offense can’t move the ball.
4. Oakland – Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU. Like him more in the 3-4, but too much of a physical monster to pass up for Oakland, which refuses to play defense.
5. Carolina – Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia. Panthers going LB two years in a row? Thing is, I’m not sure Jones falls this far. He has some Von Miller in him and could go first. Kiper/McShay are salivating.
6. St. Louis – Chance Warmack, OL, Alabama. One of the worst offensive lines in football gets help. But Jeff Fisher loved drafting offensive skill players or DL stars in his time at Tennessee, so take that into consideration.
7. Arizona - Taylor Lewan, OL, Michigan. With the 3-4 defense, the Cardinals need to get into the top 5 and grab Jones. Also, they need a QB in the worst way, but if they wanna ride Kolb, at least protect him.
8. Philadelphia - Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama. No shot Vick is back, so give Foles a chance by helping that putrid line. Can’t wait to watch the new coach clean house.
9. St. Louis (from Washington) – Keenan Allen, WR, California. Gotta be a receiver for Bradford, right? Amendola and Givens are nice, but I wouldn’t consider either a No. 1. Can Allen (6-foot-3, 205) be that guy?
10. Tennessee – Manti Te’o, LB, Notre Dame. Instant elixir for the 28th-ranked rush D in the NFL.
11. New York Jets – Jonathan Cooper, OL, UNC. With so many holes on the Jets, I hope they trade down and acquire picks. Not drafting a QB here, and there’s no skill player I love, either. Please, Mr. New GM, trade down! Cooper has emerged as a 1st rounder opening up holes for Giovani Bernard (see below).
12. San Diego – Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU. Took a pass rusher (Melvin Ingram) last year, but the Chargers are still struggling to get pressure on the QB (tied for 28th in sacks).
13. Cincinnati – Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State. Slight lean to value here over need (WR, LB).
14. Buffalo – Robert Woods, WR, USC. Draft full of good receivers, but not great ones. Bills desperately need a receiver.
15. Minnesota - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee. JUCO flier made everyone forget about Da’Rick Rogers very quickly.
16. Miami – Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama. Good run defense could use help in the secondary. Right now, Milliner looks like the best corner in the draft.
17. Detroit – CJ Mosley, LB, Alabama. Having an outstanding junior year for the Tide: 55 tackles, six tackles for loss, four sacks, two interceptions. Or do the Lions go OL?
18. Seattle – Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA. We talked about him earlier this week. Carroll knows him from his USC days. Barr, a tremendous athlete, figures to be a combine beast. Suddenly, this is a strong draft for linebackers.
19. New Orleans – Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State. Worst secondary in the NFL has to go corner or safety here.
20. Tampa Bay – Tavon Austin, WR/KR, West Virginia. He’s a smurf (5-9, 175), but a playmaker. He’s nearly the same size as Randall Cobb, the budding star in Green Bay.
21. Indianapolis – Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M. His debut in our mock drafts. What a season the junior has had (20 tackles for loss, 12.5 sacks). Manziel is hoping he stays.
22. Atlanta – Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia. Falcons are 9-1 despite having the 26th-rated run defense in the NFL.
23. Dallas – Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame. Feels like I’m just gonna ride this one until the draft.
24. Baltimore – Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas. Aging defense has plenty of needs, but I think they’ll bolster a really poor pass defense and with Ed Reed probably retiring after this year.
25. Pittsburgh – Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia. Quite a fall, from first in our last mock to 25. Have teams figured him out? Just a slump? Oft-injured Roethlisberger turns 31 in March, and I think Smith is a franchise QB.
26. New York Giants – Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State. Wrote last time I thought the Giants LBs were weak. Many disagreed. I still feel that way.
27. Denver – Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina. Another player debuting in the mock. Very strong season, but the injury to McGahee and lack of depth I think leads the Broncos to go RB in the draft.
28. Chicago – D.J. Fluker, OL, Alabama. Life Eifert, I may stick with this until the draft.
29. San Francisco – Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri. Had to get him in here, otherwise, the Missouri fans would come after me again. At 6-4, 300, he’ll eat space nicely for Harbaugh.
30. New England – Matt Elam, S, Florida. Hard-hitter and talks trasher should fit in well here.
31. Houston – Terrence Williams, WR, Baylor. Andre Johnson ain’t getting any younger.
32. Green Bay – Dion Jordan, DE/LB, Oregon. Whatever they do, it’ll be defense. Some view Jordan (6-7, 240) as a sleeper who is so talented he could sneak into the Top 10 come draft time.
- Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- Ray Allen Forced Overtime By Hitting the 3-Pointer the Miami Heat Signed Him to Hit [Video]
- Mike Miller Hit a Huge 3-Pointer While Wearing Just One Shoe [Video]
- Jozy Altidore Scored Fourth Goal in Four Matches, Gave U.S. 1-0 Lead Against Honduras [Video]
- Tim Duncan Scores 25 in the First Half Against the Heat, Miami in Trouble
- orly57 on Chris Bosh Blocked Two Shots in the Final Moments to Help Miami Force Game 7 [Video]
- scripty on Kawhi Leondard Slapped Mike Miller in the Face as He Dunked on Him in Game 6 [Video]
92 Responses to “2013 NFL Mock Draft: Thanksgiving Break Edition”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.