Willis McGahee is out for 6-8 weeks with a torn MCL, according to Adam Schefter. McGahee left yesterday’s game with the injury, and initially hoped that it would not be serious. McGahee, of course, had his college career end in a gruesome knee injury in the BCS title game in January of 2003, and missed his entire first year after being drafted by the Bills recovering. He has come all the way back to have a fine career and was on his way to his fifth 1,000 yard season at age 31.
A few weeks ago, I talked about sleeper backs and older backs getting injured during the season. Ronnie Hillman looks like the first up, and the good news for Denver is that the schedule is much more forgiving until the playoffs that will certainly be in the Broncos future. McGahee may get back in time to be part of it.
[UPDATE: according to nfl.com, it is a leg fracture and a torn MCL, timeline for return is the same]
[photo via US Presswire]
- Austrian Soccer Team Celebrates Championship By Throwing Sky Sports Reporter in the Hot Tub [Video]
- The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- CJ Spiller Breaks Down SpongeBob Characters While Eating a Foot Long Hot Dog [Video]
- Fan Runs on Field During Angels/Royals Game, Steals Rosin Bag, Trips Up Police Officer Chasing Him [Video]
- Roundup: Alex Trebek Rapping on Jeopardy, Obama’s Prom Photos & Saved by the Bell’s Graduation 20 Years Ago
10 Responses to “Willis McGahee Out With a Torn MCL”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.