Detroit is a city with a rich and varied musical tradition. That tradition gets shit on continually by major sporting events. Motown will host Game 3 of tonight’s World Series. Zooey Deschanel, who coincidentally stars in a FOX sitcom, will sing the National Anthem. Nothing says “Detroit” like nauseating tweeness.
Update: Zooey Deschanel wanted to let everyone know she’s rooting for both teams. Yay baseball!
[Photo via Getty]
- Teddy Bridgewater Declined Heisman Promotion, But Louisville May Need That Attention
- Champions League: Borussia Dortmund’s Chance to Turn from Hipster Darlings to European Champions
- Jeff Goodman Has Left CBS Sports for ESPN
- This Tim Duncan Divorce Story is Somewhat Bizarre
- John Tortorella On Brad Richards Situation: “Kiss my ass if you want to write something different” [Video]
12 Responses to “World Series: Zooey Deschanel Will Sing National Anthem”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.