The San Francisco Giants and their 5-0 record while facing elimination this postseason play host to the St. Louis Cardinals on Monday night in an all too rich, do-or-die Game 7. The famously pesky Cards have already forced Nationals closer Drew Storen into staring at an empty cart for hours upon hours, so anything but extra innings in this noble joust would prove to be a severe disappointment.
The winner will of course have a Wednesday night appointment with Jim Leyland and the Detroit Tigers. And truthfully, even fans of the A’s and Yankees might find it difficult to root against Detroit, mostly because Jimmy’s smokey mustache is just too damn magnetic.
To put this game in proper perspective though, let’s hand the microphone over to reliever Jeremy Affeldt to truly digest what’s at stake:
“There are two teams in the same boat right now. You’ll see two teams go out and give it everything they’ve got,” Giants reliever Jeremy Affeldt said.
This is correct. A series knotted at three games apiece would indeed put two teams in the same boat. On that blistering note, I’ll be pulling for the Cardinals.
Going this evening for the Giants will be reliable starter Matt Cain. Taking the mound for the Cards will be the immortal Kyle Lohse, which is pretty damn hilarious. But now that I’ve mocked Lohse as the Game 7 starter, you can expect him to throw seven shutout innings, leading St. Louis to another World Series appearance.
- Angel Pagan Hit a Walk-Off Inside-the-Park Home Run Today vs. the Rockies [Video]
- Rich Rodriguez’s 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- The Evolution of Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You’ll See This Week
- Champions League Final: Arjen Robben’s Late Goal Wins it for Bayern Munich [Video]
- Champions League Final: Neven Subotic Makes Terrific Sliding Stop to Thwart Sure Goal [Video]
- Some Random Old Dude on Rich Rodriguez's 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- Monster is Meth on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
- A.P. on Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff Sang the Fresh Prince Song and Alfonso Ribeiro Danced on the Graham Norton Show
- A.P. on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
- Patrick Division on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
27 Responses to “NLCS Game 7: Cardinals at Giants For the Right to Smoke Jim Leyland’s Cigarettes”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.