Yankee captain Derek Jeter underwent surgery in Flair country* on Saturday to repair his mangled left ankle that had him nearly carted off the field in Game 1 of the ALCS, an image many of us won’t soon forget. The 38-year-old Jeter will be out for roughly four to five months, so he would presumably be ready to get back on the field by some time in March for Spring Training. But if you’re looking for specifics, the true meat of the story, look no further than general manager Brian Cashman.
“He’ll be ready when he’s ready.”
Awesome. When he’s not busy winning over the heart of a desperate cougar, Brian Cashman is usually the one serving up the money quote. In this instance, he did not disappoint.
*Really, Yahoo Answers, South Carolina? Embarrassing.
- Lionel Messi Holding His Son Thiago Is Your Sports Photo of the Week
- UCLA AD Dan Guerrero Would Like People Stop Focusing on Steve Alford’s Past and Instead Look at What He Has Accomplished at UCLA
- Chris Parmelee of the Twins Got Hit in a Sensitive Area While Running to First [GIF]
- Steelers Fans Who Have Difficulty Spelling Should Avoid Homemade Tattoos
- Twins are Screening ‘The Sandlot’ at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
- orly57 on Steelers Fans Who Have Difficulty Spelling Should Avoid Homemade Tattoos
- orly57 on Fans Are Buying All of Robert Griffin III's Wedding Registry Gifts, and He Has a Picture to Prove It
- resolutedefense on Premier League: Arsenal Books Champions League Spot; Spurs Snake Bitten Again
- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez has the highest WAR evah! on Twins are Screening 'The Sandlot' at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
- A.P. on Twins are Screening 'The Sandlot' at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
One Response to “Derek Jeter Underwent Ankle Surgery, Will Be Out 4 to 5 Months”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.